Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 3rd Test, Headingley, July 06-10, 2023

Your forecast for the 3rd Test

• Total voters

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Has there ever been a worse selection than Bairstow for this series?
Genuinely, with the number of missed chances behind the stumps I think you could reasonably argue we've lost all three of these matches because of him.

Australia's player of the series?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Genuinely, with the number of missed chances behind the stumps I think you could reasonably argue we've lost all three of these matches because of him.
Swinging at absolutely everything hasn't helped. I was all for bazball but the level they've stuck to it even with two days to score 250 is just plain stupidity

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Really?....I think not...!!!!....absolutely fcking useless....should be dropped and dropped now. Chucked it away first knock. Another loose shot. So many negative points against the man. Nothing more than a flat track bully in one day cricket. No technique at this level. A liability in this series.
These. He’s got to be dropped. Baz will probably open with him 🙄

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Even if this Test is rescued and that is entirely down to these two now...it just papers over the cracks. Crawley..Duckett...Brook...Bairstow...Ali...are one day players. They lack the discipline and mentality to play the 5 day game. Without Leach we lack balance. Bairstow is giving wicketkeepers a bad name. Anderson is finished. Root and Stokes are the only class batting acts we have.
Strategy is too inflexible.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Swinging at absolutely everything hasn't helped. I was all for bazball but the level they've stuck to it even with two days to score 250 is just plain stupidity
I'm happy to criticise Crawley's shot, and Bairstow could have left the ball from Starc alone (equally, it was there to be hit).
Aside from that, the Root and Stokes both got out to strangles down the legside and Moeen and Duckett missed straight balls.
On the whole I think our approach to the innings has been on the right side of the line between positivity and recklessness.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sometimes wish I didn’t like test cricket. This is worse than being 1-0 up at home to palace with 5 minutes injury time to be played.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Even if this Test is rescued and that is entirely down to these two now...it just papers over the cracks. Crawley..Duckett...Brook...Bairstow...Ali...are one day players. They lack the discipline and mentality to play the 5 day game. Without Leach we lack balance. Bairstow is giving wicketkeepers a bad name. Anderson is finished. Root and Stokes are the only class batting acts we have.
Strategy is too inflexible.

In Tests, Duckett averages almost 50, Brook averages over 65.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here