[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 3rd Test, Headingley, July 06-10, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your forecast for the 3rd Test

• Total voters

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
First half hour after lunch crucial really. If we can navigate that without losing any more wickets, or just one at worst, we should be just about ok to make this. But if the Aussies get a quick couple, then it could rapidly slide out of reach…

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If the situation was exactly the same (including the quality of all the players) but the Australian team were South Africa or India, I'd be almost completely confident about this.
This thread is even more negative than some matchday threads! BetFair has us at 1-5 on, and for good reason. I’m not saying it’s a formality - it isn’t - but all it requires is for a couple of the 7 remaining not-out batsmen to get 30 or 40 runs, and I’d say that at least 5 of them are capable of that to some degree or another.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
all it requires is for a couple of the 7 remaining not-out batsmen to get 30 or 40 runs, and I’d say that at least 5 of them are capable of that to some degree or another.
Only 2 of our first 5 batsmen have managed over 30. After the 2 we have in, there's only 1 left.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Nipped to the shops during lunch and picked someone Gala Pie, a bit of cheddar and some pickles

It's on

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FFS

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Was never going to be easy was it, probably be Robbo on one leg trying to hit the winning runs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports