[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 3rd Test, Headingley, July 06-10, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your forecast for the 3rd Test

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Aussies adapting tactics to game situation - grind the English bowlers down in the heat, no rush for runs given ages left in the match.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we can say that this Test and the series has gone now, 92 runs on, 9 wickets in hand . Really can't see them collapsing for 130 this time. I think any target above 200 would be a struggle for us. Ah well. Bazball RIP.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Marnus seems to have a case of the Crawleyitis in this series, good starts looks solid then throws his wicket away.

Stumpy Tim

Two big selection errors IMO by England this series. The obvious one is dropping Foakes, probably the best WK in world cricket who adds valuable runs. But for me, when Leach was injured it was a big mistake bringing Ali back in when he has a bowling average of over 60 against the Ozzies, rather than Rehan Ahmed who would be completely unknown to the Ozzies. From a regime promising a bold approach, this was defensive and was never going to work.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two big selection errors IMO by England this series. The obvious one is dropping Foakes, probably the best WK in world cricket who adds valuable runs. But for me, when Leach was injured it was a big mistake bringing Ali back in when he has a bowling average of over 60 against the Ozzies, rather than Rehan Ahmed who would be completely unknown to the Ozzies. From a regime promising a bold approach, this was defensive and was never going to work.
Yep.

Ali is a spinner who can't spin the ball and can't bat under pressure. He should be nowhere near the England team. Bairstow is 5 years too old and has lost his mobility. Never a test class keeper right now, and his batting hasn't been adequate.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ali IN! :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's taken two wickets he didn't really deserve. Absolute gifts.
Makes up for the team not getting the catches they 'deserved' then :shrug: :thumbsup:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think we can say that this Test and the series has gone now, 92 runs on, 9 wickets in hand . Really can't see them collapsing for 130 this time. I think any target above 200 would be a struggle for us. Ah well. Bazball RIP.
Bazball is not the problem. If we caught properly - we'd be 2-0 up (or 1-1 at worst) and looking good for a result here as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports