Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 3rd Test, Headingley, July 06-10, 2023

Your forecast for the 3rd Test

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Every single English wicket was caught. And how many did Australia drop? One? We dropped 3 in the first hour yesterday, and continued to shell them.

That's the difference isn't it.
That's more than the difference. We'd have a 100 run lead if we didn't drop Marsh, never mind the other 2, which were less costly.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Amazing what a bit of application can do, Stokes waits for the right balls and has the ability to punish them, unlike muppets like Crawley who continually waft at good length balls and then look miffed as to why they get out cheaply.

We could skittle the Aussies for 150 and I’d still expect our batsman to collapse, this is prime time batting conditions I have a feeling this could be a real struggle this afternoon/evening.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Get outta here. 37-1 as it stands.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Amazing what a bit of application can do, Stokes waits for the right balls and has the ability to punish them, unlike muppets like Crawley who continually waft at good length balls and then look miffed as to why they get out cheaply.

We could skittle the Aussies for 150 and I’d still expect our batsman to collapse, this is prime time batting conditions I have a feeling this could be a real struggle this afternoon/evening.
Not defending Crawley but he's told to play his game, and does it against the new ball.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't get *that* excited. Warner has been a walking wicket all series and is badly out of touch. Khawaja looks in no trouble whatsoever in contrast.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We will see. I doubt we'll see Australia giving away their wickets like Bairstow and Ali (just as I predicted earlier), and they will show us that this is actually still more of a batting wicket than two sub-300 scores suggests.
We can see Wood going through the final 4-5 quite easily, so it's all on their top order.

Don't get me wrong - if we follow the pattern of the series so far we'll continue to get ourselves back into the game then shoot ourselves in the foot with daft decision making, time and time again.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This afternoon will be best batting conditions so far. Can see the Aussies pilling on the runs.

🤞

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bloody hell Stokes is a hero, he’s ruining his body out there. About time he had some support from others.

Is he England’s best ever?
Well, someone's got to be the contrary case.
Best at what? In 95 games:
Batting average 36.6
Bowling average 32, wickets 197, strike rate 58

Botham, 102 games:
Batting 33.5
Bowling 28, wickets 383, strike rate 61

Think that makes Botham quite comfortably the better all-rounder (better slip fielder too). We'll never resolve such an argument, but these two also have a case, and this is just engaging in recency bias but ...

Root, 132 games:
Batting average 50.4
Bowling average 45, wickets 57, strike rate 85

Anderson, 181 games
688 wickets, average 26, strike rate 56

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
England being nothing for loads of wickets at lunch ✔️
Ali throwing his wicket away as usual ✔️
Stokes bailing out England again ✔️
Australia showing us that batting in the sun isn't that difficult after all ✔️

Selectors, please can this be the last we see of YJB and Moeen Ali in this series? Thanks.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As always the Aussies are ahead of us mindset wise, bowler down… grind the remaining bowlers into the dirt, unlike us in the last test who lost 7/80 odd after Lyon got injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here