[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 3rd Test, Headingley, July 06-10, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your forecast for the 3rd Test

• Total voters

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
This is fun while we can keep it up. Cummins head has gone with that wide.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hearing an Australian say "199 for 9" is always amusing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is so much time left in this game, Broad going for shots with Stokes still in seems a foolish tactic.
I reckon the logic is that the pitch is doing so much that there's a decent chance of losing a wicket soon, even trying to play slow. This is a result wicket.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bloody hell Stokes is a hero, he’s ruining his body out there. About time he had some support from others.

Is he England’s best ever?
Has to be up there. There is no one better in the world when the pressure is on. Epitome of a big game, big moment player.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Surely they're not going to score many more with the last wicket. Should probably declare and get them in

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Surely they're not going to score many more with the last wicket. Should probably declare and get them in
The problem is that this is a reasonable batting wicket, so the less time Australia get to bad on it, the better.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The problem is that this is a reasonable batting wicket, so the less time Australia get to bad on it, the better.
Well, it's both, isn't it? Good for batsmen and bowlers. A real result wicket.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Except Marsh came in at 6, with not much batting after him (indeed they collapsed when he was finally out), and was dropped on 12 and scored 118. His partner was also dropped early on having sscore 9 and ended up scoring 39. They put on 155. So I can't agree with any of that.
My point, which Stokes has proven, is that you never really know what might've happened – and you certainly can't predict what WILL happen. Who would've expected England to get anywhere near Australia's total when they were 142-7 or 167-8? Pretty much nobody, I'm guessing.

Yes, mistakes were made, but that happens on both sides 🤷‍♂️

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well, it's both, isn't it? Good for batsmen and bowlers. A real result wicket.
We will see. I doubt we'll see Australia giving away their wickets like Bairstow and Ali (just as I predicted earlier), and they will show us that this is actually still more of a batting wicket than two sub-300 scores suggests.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports