[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 3rd Test, Headingley, July 06-10, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your forecast for the 3rd Test

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Woakes, a very capable batsman, decides to go the way so many others have gone. All this is self inflicted.

Ali and Woakes, utterly irresponsible.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Australia haven't won this Ashes series themselves - they've just had to turn up and do the absolute basics.

We have completely chosen to lose it. Actively.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Why review that?

Managing to lose another wicket just before lunch.

Jesus wept

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The main difference between the sides is Australia have taken almost every catch, whilst we've dropped around 13. That's series defining.
It's really the only difference. Held on to our catches yesterday - this innings would be putting us on just about parity now, if not slightly ahead.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Absolutely crap.

Foakes will be brought in for the final 2 tests once we are already 3-0 down, embarrassing.

Not even like we’ve scored fast or got out scoring either, it’s been a slow run rate and we still can’t bat, don’t get me wrong btw this Aussie attack are absolutely elite but there’s no excuse for this level of inept batting.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Absolutely crap.

Foakes will be brought in for the final 2 tests once we are already 3-0 down, embarrassing.
Which is exactly what happened when we lost down under when Chris read had been good vs pakistan and was dropped for jones who still couldn’t catch and no longer scored runs.

Root has to leave that ball on length. He tried to run it to third man with about 3 slips and a gully. Bairstow a suckers slash. Moeen got a warning and ignored it. Woakes just slogged. This is driving me mad.

All started by duckett getting out as he always will on bouncy wicket. Ffs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's really the only difference. Held on to our catches yesterday - this innings would be putting us on just about parity now, if not slightly ahead.
Aussies were on about 95 when Root dropped Marsh, so if the last 5 went as cheaply as they did, then yes we'd be about 10 runs ahead!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stokes 27 runs in the morning It will be worth watching now he is wirh the tailenders

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Which is exactly what happened when we lost down under when Chris read had been good vs pakistan and was dropped for jones who still couldn’t catch and no longer scored runs.

Root has to leave that ball on length. He tried to run it to third man with about 3 slips and a gully. Bairstow a suckers slash. Moeen got a warning and ignored it. Woakes just slogged. This is driving me mad.

All started by duckett getting out as he always will on bouncy wicket. Ffs.
To be fair to Root, I'd file edging the 2nd ball of the day under "shit happens".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stokes is going to have to go for it, yet again.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This was going to be a tough series even if England played well in every Test. Bowled fairly tightly..caught most catches..top order put some decent stands together. None of that has happened.
The Aussies have waited for us to make mistakes and taken advantage. They have looked Bazball in the eye and said..." go on...blast us off the park then..."
We fell for it believing that the flat track bullying that preceded this series would see off the best team in the world.
Never mind a comeback...this series could be heading for 0-5.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Well it was fun while it lasted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports