Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The arrogant joy of looking down on a troubled club!

the only recent thing i've seen on the tellybox from their fans was an interview with their supporters club. Talking about their plan b they still could not accept their position, believing that if they had to reform the lowest a big club like themselves should go is l1 perhaps l2.

Delusion and the fact their fans have pretty much done f##k all in attempting to save their club leads me to think, f##k'em.

Understand that they aint that great at fighting for their club but on the other hand don't recall 18,500 fans joining our protests, in fact it was small determined section of the sussex folk who fought for this club so it could lord over the next victims of creed and incompetence by the football ownership club.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Very presumptious of you to say I enjoy watching them suffer. I abhore the notion of football fans suffering due to "dodgy owners" it should never happen to a club but sometimes it does as we know. But to happen once is bad luck, twice is unfogiveable, but THREE times?

Funny that, it wasn't my fault either in 96 that the Goldstone was sold or we had to lease it back for another season till 97. It wasn't my fault we had to go to Gillingham for 2 years. and for the best of my knowlege it wasn't my fault that we had to play at Withdean for years.

I do however remember being the subject of intense abuse from the away fans and even armchair Preiership fans for all these years.

The boot has been removed and is at present sitting firmly laced up on my foot.

Not really that presumptuous, but if I misread the above comment as you gloating at Pompey and other's misfortune then I apologise.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Understand that they aint that great at fighting for their club but on the other hand don't recall 18,500 fans joining our protests, in fact it was small determined section of the sussex folk who fought for this club so it could lord over the next victims of creed and incompetence by the football ownership club.

yes

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I didnt join in with any chants against the predicament of the club, But was quite happy to join in calling them Wankers when they threw there smoke bomb on the pitch. Knobheads.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
There were some after the game that clearly looked inbred, they walked down the park and ride stairs and put cones on their heads, like they had never seen one before! then starting shouting that we are all twats, classy club

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Care to expand on that? How is it in any way the fans fault?

It's not the fans fault if a team gets relegated under normal circumstances, but it wouldn't stop me laughing if it happened to (say) Palace.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Supposing Palace started buying players on £95k per week tomorrow & managed to get to the PL and FA Cup final on that basis, despite not having the money to do it?

Would you consider that acceptable and feel sorry for their fans when it inevitably went tits up? No, you'd bloody love it. That's why we all get pissed off with Pompey, and, by default, their fans.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Supposing Palace started buying players on £95k per week tomorrow & managed to get to the PL and FA Cup final on that basis, despite not having the money to do it?

Would you consider that acceptable and feel sorry for their fans when it inevitably went tits up? No, you'd bloody love it. That's why we all get pissed off with Pompey, and, by default, their fans.

What about if we suddenly paid nigh on 100 million pounds for a brand spanking new stadium then breaking our transfer record over an over?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bravo

f*** Portsmouth, f*** their supporters. Before prats get all "remember what happen to us" Portsmouth haven't even paid off their debets from the last adminstration, and once again handed out 20-30k a week contracts. I hope they go bust (at the end of the season) because in my opinion they should be in the league anyway.

Brighton supporters are some of the best when it comes to helping out struggling clubs (Im sure Plymouth were one of the latest) but Portsmouth have done it before and will do it again, and the fact their supporters sang "you've never won f*** all" to us in the second half, no doubt referring to their FA CUP explots for me deserve all thats coming to them

They are a small club. That's been proved, but they fail to act and behave like the small club they are.

Good luck to them as a phenoix club ala Aldershot or Wimbeldon, but the sooner clubs like this are booted out of exsitance the better IMO.

Yep.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What about if we suddenly paid nigh on 100 million pounds for a brand spanking new stadium then breaking our transfer record over an over?

She said despite NOT having the money to do it. Hardly the same thing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
She said despite NOT having the money to do it. Hardly the same thing.

Not the same thing we all happily assume (me included) but then I bet fans of Portsmouth, Leeds, Darlington etc etc etc all thought the same during their good times.

As I am sure ours did in the late 70's early 80's.

MurrayGulliver

Nov 14, 2011
Portslade
I did join in with the chants to one nil to the tax payers. That's not aimed at the supporters directly but the club itself. If you can't pay the tax man 3 times then you should go bankrupt.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Not the same thing we all happily assume (me included) but then I bet fans of Portsmouth, Leeds, Darlington etc etc etc all thought the same during their good times.

As I am sure ours did in the late 70's early 80's.
But unlike us, the second time you go bust in a few years you'd sit up and take notice. Pomey and Darlington would be much better of long term folding and starting again. Personally the FA have alot to answer to, and all the time clubs can spend so much of their turnover on wages, this will never stop.

We also never went bust in the early eighties of lates 70s. We only went to the brink because a slimey shit that is Greg Stanley sold us out to a businessman who made millions by taking over failing business and asset stripping them. Our plight can never be compared to Leeds, Leicester, Pomey, Pomey, Pomey, Darlington, Darlington, Darlington, Scum, Scum etc etc

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But unlike us, the second time you go bust in a few years you'd sit up and take notice. Pomey and Darlington would be much better of long term folding and starting again. Personally the FA have alot to answer to, and all the time clubs can spend so much of their turnover on wages, this will never stop.

We also never went bust in the early eighties of lates 70s. We only went to the brink because a slimey shit that is Greg Stanley sold us out to a businessman who made millions by taking over failing business and asset stripping them. Our plight can never be compared to Leeds, Leicester, Pomey, Pomey, Pomey, Darlington, Darlington, Darlington, Scum, Scum etc etc

The similarities are that fans don't really know what is going on at their clubs. When things are going well they are happy to look the other way or place their trust in those running the club. With hindsight it is easy to see where things go wrong.

The villains of the piece are long gone and the fans are left to pick up the pieces. I don't particularly care what happens to Portsmouth but I think that their decent fans deserve a club to support and deserve some of our sympathy.

I have no sympathy for those who put the club in its current predicament, but they don't care because they are long gone with pockets full of cash.

I don't have much sympathy either for those loud-mouth idiots who won't accept the wrong that has been done in their name (but we all have those).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here