Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Ark BBC1

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Bad television and gives credence to religious mumbo jumbo. This propoganda shouldn't be on telly anymore. Can't we ****ing evolve a bit please.

How do you feel about tales of Robin Hood, King Arthur, George and the dragon etc. being televised?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How do you feel about tales of Robin Hood, King Arthur, George and the dragon etc. being televised?
All lovely stuff and they don't try to brainwash people or make them feel worthless for not believing in them.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Well I enjoyed it. Takes all sorts, eh?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just watching it now and it's hilarious, the Middle East was populated by Mancunians.

Not surprising with the BBC gentrifying Salford over the past decade :lol:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
"This propoganda shouldn't be on telly anymore."

Spoken like a true closed minded atheist. Why force your views onto others ? I guess you would ban "Songs of Praise " as well?

We ought to see this as a tv programme rather than debate the historicity ,or not, of the book Genesis. I know some who would view this as historic drama and some who view it as fantasy....Whatever...it is your choice. Thank God we live in a free country.

NB The criticisms of the production on here are quite right ....it was dire , but it whiled away 90 mins .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"This propoganda shouldn't be on telly anymore."

Spoken like a true closed minded atheist. Why force your views onto others ? I guess you would ban "Songs of Praise " as well?

We ought to see this as a tv programme rather than debate the historicity ,or not, of the book Genesis. I know some who would view this as historic drama and some who view it as fantasy....Whatever...it is your choice. Thank God we live in a free country.

NB The criticisms of the production on here are quite right ....it was dire , but it whiled away 90 mins .

Knowing ones mind and having a closed mind are two totally different states to find oneself in.
I'm not looking to debate or argue. I could no more convince a mouse that cheese was bad for it than convince a religious person that God is not real.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Knowing ones mind and having a closed mind are two totally different states to find oneself in.
I'm not looking to debate or argue. I could no more convince a mouse that cheese was bad for it than convince a religious person that God is not real.

Sounds like you have some pretty religious convictions there.

If you think that convincing a religious person that God is not real is a challenge, try convincing an atheist that they don't know everything.

If a religious person is presuming to have some kind of special knowledge by pronouncing with certainty the existence of God, then so to is an atheist who pronounces with certainty God's nonexistence.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sounds like you have some pretty religious convictions there.

If you think that convincing a religious person that God is not real is a challenge, try convincing an atheist that they don't know everything.

If a religious person is presuming to have some kind of special knowledge by pronouncing with certainty the existence of God, then so to is an atheist who pronounces with certainty God's nonexistence.

As I stated, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I think religion is daft, if it's your bag and it leads you to a better life without harming anyone, crack on. I also don't claim to know everything.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
As I stated, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I think religion is daft, if it's your bag and it leads you to a better life without harming anyone, crack on. I also don't claim to know everything.

Wasn't it you that wanted religious stories "banned" because they are "propaganda"?

When you were asked about Robin Hood etc, you said "they don't try to brainwash people or make them feel worthless for not believing in them."

Your attitude toward religious people, calling their beliefs daft, comparing their love of God to that of a mouse toward their cheese, and wanting to ban their stories on TV, all seems to me to border on making them feel worthless for what they believe.

What I am trying to say is that you are displaying many of the characteristics of a religious zealot. Perversely.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Wasn't it you that wanted religious stories "banned" because they are "propaganda"?

When you were asked about Robin Hood etc, you said "they don't try to brainwash people or make them feel worthless for not believing in them."

Your attitude toward religious people, calling their beliefs daft, comparing their love of God to that of a mouse toward their cheese, and wanting to ban their stories on TV, all seems to me to border on making them feel worthless for what they believe.

What I am trying to say is that you are displaying many of the characteristics of a religious zealot. Perversely.

Okay.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Don't feel bad though, the people on the receiving end of your intolerance also happen to be those most likely to forgive you unconditionally.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here