Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The argus

pyi

Jul 24, 2007
Albion fans urged to unite
9:55pm Friday 23rd January 2009

Comments (0) Have your say »

By Andy Naylor »

Leading Albion supporter Paul Samrah has issued a plea for unity.

He has urged everyone involved with the club to pull together to help the Seagulls move forward.

Long-time fan John Baine, one of the public address announcers at Withdean, slammed manager Micky Adams and his struggling team live on local radio following Tuesday’s 0-0 draw with Luton in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.

Adams revealed today that some supporters in the south stand abused him before the game.

Now Samrah, another member of the Withdean public address team and key figure in the club’s stadium battle, has called for an end to the feuding.

He said: “I urge everyone involved with the Albion to really get behind the team, the manager and coaching staff. That includes all the Board members, the chairman, shareholders and fans. Put the debate and arguments to one side and let’s move forward in a positive way.

“The club’s past successes were based on good communication, team effort and hard work. Everyone had a smile and everyone knew what their responsibility was, be it the directors, players, office and coaching staff or fans.

“We were united in our efforts to win promotion. We succeeded. Similarly in the dark days we won through because of our strength of togetherness and communication. We won the battle for Falmer, united.”

Samrah added: “Yes, of course we are frustrated and people are having their say with some justification. We are passionate about the Albion and we cannot just sit back and accept what is going on.

“That said, there will always be things going on behind the scenes that we are not privy to. But now is the time for individuals to look at themselves and really support the Albion, be it vocally at matches, financially, or from afar.

“Unless we all get behind the Albion we face huge disappointment and uncertainty.”

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Paul Samrah is one of the main reasons why BHA still exist. Listen please.

Agreed, but...

Samrah added: “Yes, of course we are frustrated and people are having their say with some justification. We are passionate about the Albion and we cannot just sit back and accept what is going on.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What exactly does the manager expect when performances are so dire over such a long period of time. What Paul Samrah says is right though, I suppose.

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
The Great PR never stops at this club - if they have got so much to say perhaps they could tell us what really went on with Dean leaving

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
“The club’s past successes were based on good communication, team effort and hard work. Everyone had a smile and everyone knew what their responsibility was, be it the directors, players, office and coaching staff or fans.
.”

This leaves me a bit lossed for words. To be getting at the fans for not cheering on the team (when to do so might give them the impression I approved of the way that they were playing) when none of the others listed appear to be doing any of their listed responsibilities is a bit cheeky.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Great PR never stops at this club - if they have got so much to say perhaps they could tell us what really went on with Dean leaving

Why doesn't Dean say this himself? I'm sure Andy Naylor's phone number is easy to find at The Argus, and then we would all know.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
really support the Albion, be it vocally at matches, financially, or from afar.

“Unless we all get behind the Albion we face huge disappointment and uncertainty.”

I am very worried by Paul's choice of words here. The fact he uses the word "financially" in particular when you would think he was talking about doubts over the manager is interesting to say the least.

Also the word "uncertainty" is damning too. This is more than a normal, get behind the manager comment. This is about the whole club. Worrying times.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am very worried by Paul's choice of words here. The fact he uses the word "financially" in particular when you would think he was talking about doubts over the manager is interesting to say the least.

Also the word "uncertainty" is damning too. This is more than a normal, get behind the manager comment. This is about the whole club. Worrying times.

You could be right, perhaps we are not signing any new players because administration is imminent.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

He's talking about the fact that there is more than one way to support the Albion...

1. Vocally at the Albion
2. Financially
3. From afar.

He also said 'UNLESS we support the Albion...' etc. In other words, if we don't support it, we're f***ed - which is pretty bloody obvious, really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here