Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus

pyi

Jul 24, 2007
Virgo says don't blame Albion ace Murray
9:28pm Saturday 17th January 2009

Comments (4) Have your say »

By Andy Naylor »

Adam Virgo has defended Albion's top scorer Glenn Murray for his role in a flare-up with team-mate Tommy Fraser.

Murray, on as a sub, stopped chasing Fabian Delph when the young Leeds midfielder ran the length of the pitch to complete a 2-0 victory for Leeds at Withdean.

Fraser ran towards Murray and barged into him before the game re-started.

Virgo said: "He (Murray) never gave up. I think Glenn has gone as far as he could. He thought he had done enough and possibly passed him (Delph) on a little bit too early for somebody else to pick up."

Murray was on the bench after a recurrence of a stomach strain.

Manager Micky Adams said: "It was a gamble, because he was quite clearly not fit before the game, but I felt he could play a small part.

"It has possibly backfired on me but I take full responsibility for that. I pick the side."

Print article » Email to a friend »

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
He shouldnt have been on in the first place ffs!!!!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That to me sounds like he is finished.

Why?

Do you remember Murray wasn't fit for the Millwall game and you know what happened....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rabbit caught in a head light - think it's all over

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I feel genuinely sad at what I saw today and this story pretty much puts the icing on the cake.

I don't get to many games but see plenty of criticism of the performances on here and through the press and after sitting through 90 minutes today I can see how they are justified.

The team is a shambles, I felt let down by the players who currently represent Brighton & Hove Albion football club today.

And I have every sympathy for Glenn, he was a million miles away from being fit to play, what an appalling decision from the management team.

Jimmy Grimble

Why on earth would anyone on here owe Murray an apology?

If it was Fraser or El-Abd that stopped chasing like Murray did you'd have gone f***ing mad TCB.

Murray is our most important player, anyone can see that, but he still shouldn't have stopped chasing like he did. El-Abd's defending was almost as bad after Delph broke through but it still doesn't excuse the fact that Murray gave up. He didn't pull up with an injury, he was moving fine before hand and afterwards. He just stopped 'cause he didn’t fancy his chances.

And knowing Virgo I'm almost certain the comments he's given there are plastic.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
End of the day, the club whichever way you look at it, is in a mess!!!

If Dick Knight cannot sort this out, is he the right person for the job?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
End of the day, the club whichever way you look at it, is in a mess!!!

If Dick Knight cannot sort this out, is he the right person for the job?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
What good was Fraser hoping to achieve by barging into Murray? As fans I think we accept that disagreements happen between players but those should be aired in the privacy of the changing room and not the centre circle. Fraser has displayed both his idiocy and his immaturity today but to be honest I expected nothing less from him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here