Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The argus understands....."

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Could be.

I've occasionally been amazed at how mundane a story the Argus will pick up on. Going back a few months there was a brief line tweeted about a bloke being spotted walking along the hard shoulder of the M23. He was picked up and moved on. That was it. A few calls from the Argus later & this had been turned into a front page article on their website, involving his dicing with almost certain death, "horrified motorists" dialling 999 and a gravely detailed piece of safety advice in relation to the legalities of walking on a motorway :lol:

Believe me, as a former journalist, there are some days when you will literally run with anything.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
His last big article about Oscar Garcia prompted an official statement from the club defending their own actions and putting right some of Naylor's inaccurate reporting. I'm not sure he's flavour of the month with the Albion board.

Naylor will get his scoops from her as he usually does anyway.

Interesting that you assume that the real Andy Naylor's reporting was inaccurate because a football club says so. I envy your simple faith.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It's a shocking paper, they only ever get their information from the club's press conferences. Naylor is an incredibly lazy journo, should have been moved on years ago

Dick Knight's book has a passage where he discovers Andy Naylor climbing up a tree outside the FA mediation meeting, trying to get a look/listen to what was going on inside. I imagine he fell out of the tree shortly afterwards attempting to refresh NSC on his phone, or maybe not.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Interesting that you assume that the real Andy Naylor's reporting was inaccurate because a football club says so. I envy your simple faith.

I suspect, as always that the truth lies somewhere in between the version that the Board give out and the version that those, such as yourself, who like to portray the Board as the bad guys. Your recent form on here esp regarding DK's book/shares etc is a case in point.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dick Knight's book has a passage where he discovers Andy Naylor climbing up a tree outside the FA mediation meeting, trying to get a look/listen to what was going on inside. I imagine he fell out of the tree shortly afterwards attempting to refresh NSC on his phone, or maybe not.

McFly.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
they didn't even have a race card for the dogs last Thursday

v. poor

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

That of course is if you completely believe what Dick Knight says. He is also a gentleman well known for occasionally embellishing the truth, (allegedly).

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
That of course is if you completely believe what Dick Knight says. He is also a gentleman well known for occasionally embellishing the truth, (allegedly).

I suggest that if you want to provide comment on interpreting the truth, you first try and distinguish between, what is written and the conversation that only exists in your head.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I suspect, as always that the truth lies somewhere in between the version that the Board give out and the version that those, such as yourself, who like to portray the Board as the bad guys. Your recent form on here esp regarding DK's book/shares etc is a case in point.

Any journalist worth his or her sodium chloride is bound to trust any official communique with scepticism. And there was nothing in Andy Naylor's piece that made me think "Hang on, that's completely different from the version I've heard." As for portraying the board as bad guys, I have complete faith in Tony Bloom to do the right thing for the club as he sees it, and have always said so.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Somebody fell out of a tree, but whether it was Andy Naylor is open to dispute.

D

Deleted User X18H

It's a shocking paper, they only ever get their information from the club's press conferences. Naylor is an incredibly lazy journo, should have been moved on years ago

That is complete rubbish. Andy is nice guy, as is Brian. The comeradre of the old Thursday press conference was a very pleasant experience.

They both work hard and have the unenviable task of finding a relavant headline every day.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The comeradre of the old Thursday press conference was a very pleasant experience.

Camaraderie? It's a weekly press conference for a local football team, attended by a few local journalists, not the combined might of the Allied forces assembling for the Normandy invasion.

Still. All for one, and one for all, eh chaps?

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
That is complete rubbish. Andy is nice guy, as is Brian. The comeradre of the old Thursday press conference was a very pleasant experience.

They both work hard and have the unenviable task of finding a relavant headline every day.

Yes but that is what I am saying, they never get anything out of the club outside of that press conference/press day which is quite staggering.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes but that is what I am saying, they never get anything out of the club outside of that press conference/press day which is quite staggering.

That's my point really. When did Naylor last get a "scoop"? Even the nationals report more on player offers, manager appointments at Brighton than he does.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's my point really. When did Naylor last get a "scoop"? Even the nationals report more on player offers, manager appointments at Brighton than he does.

I suppose his position is trickier. The national newspapers don't care if they're allowed into the Albion's media conferences anyway as they get much of their information via agency reporters (it's not as though the Daily Telegraph send someone to the Amex every Thursday) and the internet. Whereas the Argus rely on the Albion to sell papers, so, I suppose if the club got pissed off about a potential transfer being scuppered due to the local rag discussing it prior to its completion, then it would put Naylor in a difficult position, no?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Shouldn't you be at work ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here