The Argus on line

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am with you on that, Cadiz. Why would Dick lie to us?

The only reason I can think of why he might not specify how much money is available is due to the fact that transfer fees can increase if clubs know what your budget is.

If there is no money available, then perhaps it would be wise not to give LDC any ammunition that can be used against the club and the stadium.

Barrel of Fun said:

The only reason I can think of why he might not specify how much money is available is due to the fact that transfer fees can increase if clubs know what your budget is.

If there is no money available, then perhaps it would be wise not to give LDC any ammunition that can be used against the club and the stadium.

Arguably he might be better saying there is no money available so he can plead poverty with other clubs and get the prices down.

And I don't really think there'd be a problem with LDC if he said there was no dosh. It could strengthen the case for the stadium, saying we need it in order to be able to increase our income (assuming the stadium could be funded by sponsorship/grants/loans, which it will be).

I still can't see any motive for him to lie. And in any case if you talk to him and listen to what he has to say he comes across as an honest man - he's got a beard, for God's sake!

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
El Presidente said:
The board had a business plan, which involved being at Falmer within 5 years of moving to Withdean. Thanks to then NIMBY's that 5 years is now 10 at the very least.

The board IS subsidising the club to the tune of about £10,000 a week, without the Blooms, DK, FBS and co, there would not be an Albion.

As for making cash out of the stadium, you are way off track. DK will GIVE his shares to a fans trust at some point in the future, and not make a penny out of it.

The other directors will still have their shares, but they are worthless unless someone is prepared to buy them at a premium.

Only a luniatic or a lottery winner would be that foolish.

The only money to be made out of football is in the Prem. Just having Falmer is not enough to either get us to the Prem without a huge investment in the playing staff. Falmer is not big enough to sustain a long run in the Prem, so they are in it for love rather than money.........just like the rest of us......and the culprits are (in the following order)

1. Greg Stanley
2. LDC
3. Bill Archer

Total nett worth @ 30/6/05 -£6.517million! :nono:

Credit rating £0 - suspended!

Who is Robert Francis Comer - director and co sec? ???

Is this all down to Poodle? He looks like a Palarse infiltrator - from Dorking! :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports