[TV] The Apprentice is back!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el punal

They spent SO much time thinking about where to go (and got fined heavily for not sourcing all the items) when I reckon you could have got FIVE (the tea, the kosher chicken, a metre of rope, the seeds and the scallops) at a single run of the mill retail park, with a big Tescos and a Homebase.

You certainly wouldn't have got those at the Amex on a match day - they would have run out by half-time. :D

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
They spent SO much time thinking about where to go (and got fined heavily for not sourcing all the items) when I reckon you could have got FIVE (the tea, the kosher chicken, a metre of rope, the seeds and the scallops) at a single run of the mill retail park, with a big Tescos and a Homebase.

Not great for the negotiation part though - I don't think the old biddy on checkout at Tesco is allowed to give scallops away at a loss because Rosin pouted at her!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not great for the negotiation part though - I don't think the old biddy on checkout at Tesco is allowed to give scallops away at a loss because Rosin pouted at her!

It wouldn't matter though, as they are such low value items. The task isn't going to be won or lost by the £2 they haggle off a chicken. Get the easy ones quick and give yourselves time to shop around for bargains on the high value items.

If the way it is presented to us is to believed, each team only ever goes to one place for each item, then negotiates there. Who would do that? There's a ton of diamond dealers in Hatton Garden. Play them off against each other. Etc

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
#TeamRoisin

B1dKEKRIUAIUZwj.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
In preparation for tonight's cringfest, remind yourselves of some of the finest idiots of previous years...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-idiotic-candidates.html?frame=3082865&page=1

I enjoyed reading that.

The list is poorly named though - it isn't a list of the most idiotic contestants, it's a list of some of the most memorable (although I don't remember all of them...)

Some on the list are likeable, some detestable and some are idiotic. Jason - those eyes - magnificent. Like something from The League of Gentlemen. Tre - great quote, but what a cock. Raef - :lol:

Stuart Baggs is a worthy winner of a list of idiots, though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

matt

Mar 19, 2007
How is the woman who took her shoes off and danced in front of a 'mood board' not on that list?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'd like to add Kevin series 4 to the list. Such a knucklehead, I thought it was a Matt Lucas character.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Why? Why bother even picking people in the first place if Sugar is firing candidates based on their business idea.

So those people have wasted their time being in the show in the first place then. What a cop out

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why? Why bother even picking people in the first place if Sugar is firing candidates based on their business idea.

So those people have wasted their time being in the show in the first place then. What a cop out
This. Happens every year but what a load of bollocks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given the flexibility the extra contestants has provided, I'd have loved to have seen at least one week where he said something like: "You may have lost the task but you performed well. None of you are sacked. Go back to the house and I'll see you in the next task."

Given the flexibility the extra contestants has provided, I'd have loved to have seen at least one week where he said something like: "You may have lost the task but you performed well. None of you are sacked. Go back to the house and I'll see you in the next task."

I obviously missed that episode.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

An obvious problem is ;

Dara : Tonight on you're fired, it's 30 minutes of absolutely nothing....

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A great read. Stuart Baggs is still the King and his interview with Claude Littner is one of my all-time favourite bits of TV.

Saw Stuart Baggs recently on an episode of "Come Dine With Me". Still a twonk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports