Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2023

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I never liked the change from the original prize of working for Sugar to having a business plan for his investment. The business plans are all dire, drop them and go back to the original format.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Poor candidates throughout, producers need to go back to basics like the original few series and get some actual business people as candidates.
If you were an actual business person, why would you go on The Apprentice?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If you were an actual business person, why would you go on The Apprentice?
To get an investment, increase your brand? Much like the old series where they were people who had some basic common sense and knew business as opposed to a good number of the contestants in the last few series

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I never liked the change from the original prize of working for Sugar to having a business plan for his investment. The business plans are all dire, drop them and go back to the original format.
I've been saying this for years. You have the nonsense of someone being a great performer through all of the tasks and getting to the final stages, only for their business plan to then be outed as total bollocks.

The whole thing worked much better, IMO at least, when they were competing for a job.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
To get an investment, increase your brand? Much like the old series where they were people who had some basic common sense and knew business as opposed to a good number of the contestants in the last few series
If you were an actual business person with a decent idea, there are easier ways to get £250,000 than humiliating yourself for weeks on TV in the hope that you are the least idiotic of 18 people and do not fall foul of any of Suralan's arbitrary judgements. There is a reason why so many of the "business plans" are half-baked and unambitious.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't quite square the "Marnie is a barrister, she has never been in business before" with the Companies House entries, which show she is 80% shareholder, director, Person of Significant Control of Bronx Boxing Ltd - a company with 3 other directors all appointed on 6th April 2022 who are boxing coach, personal trainer and workplace experience manager. 1 of these - the boxing coach - owns the other 20%.

The company has been going almost 4 years, is £16K in deficit so even if she flogged all the Fixed Assets at their Net Book Value she'd still need to find £16K to pay off the £47K government Bounce Back Loan.

No mention of any of this in the interview stage, boardroom shakedown or pitch to industry.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gutted for Rochelle, she was excellent throughout and handled the questions in her final pitch exquisitely.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Glad Marnie won, the other ones plan was piss poor and frankly ludicrous

SteveU

May 31, 2022
This program for me highlights all that is wrong with the modern world.

Deluded fuckwits who no f*** all about business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here