Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Apology

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I mean one ref has lost a weeks income completely, the other significantly reduced.

Would those on here making mistakes at work accept losing chunks of pay or would they be screaming for their unions?

I doubt many of us have ever done as badly as Salisbury did on Saturday.

For context, I don't think any VAR official has ever done as badly as he did on Saturday. Happy to see examples if anyone thinks they have.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Like Lee Mason and one or 2 others have in the past ?

I get the point but standing down referees and them losing chunks of pay is fairly significant
If it was the one mistake they're all pretending it was, I'd actually think standing him down is a bit harsh - it was a stamp on Mitoma, he missed it, it happens. But that is not why so many of us are still angry - it wasn't one mistake, it was 5!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If it was the one mistake they're all pretending it was, I'd actually think standing him down is a bit harsh - it was a stamp on Mitoma, he missed it, it happens. But that is not why so many of us are still angry - it wasn't one mistake, it was 5!
He knows.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Transparency regarding what happened and an apology to the fans (particularly those who travelled) would be appropriate I'd have thought.
Also, if there was only one error in the match, it might be useful if the PGMOL educated the rest of the world as to why their referee was correct in not awarding a penalty for the shirt pull on Dunk or the hand ball by the Tottenham defender, and possibly if the VAR ref would have allowed the Mitoma goal if the on pitch assistant ref had not flagged for hand ball.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Attwell is the assistant VAR tonight in the Champions League game. Benica v Inter unreal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm a big fan of these PGMOL apologies. What is it, 3 so far ?

Maybe we could have them all framed and hung on the dressing room wall alongside a revised League table, in a kind of Jim Bowen "Oooh, look at what you could've won" type way. Its our equivalent of the bloke living in Leicester who wins a speedboat.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Club now have stock of some new badges

badge.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here