Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The annual waiting for the upper tiers to open thread.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Won’t be able to say anything until Wednesday’s match is over and injuries and fitness have been assessed. I think we’ll see Glenn, balogan, Bernardo, steele or button, bong, schellotto, plus Ali, Connolly, Stephens, gross and Alzate if they don’t play against Chelsea, plus a few U23s.

I’d love to see a starting line up including:

Baluta
Bong
Davies
Jenks
Gwargis
Cochrane
Richards

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't see this happening. Still loads left, the cost of staffing etc to open Upper Tier - they'd surely need to sell a decent wedge to justify it

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Can't see this happening. Still loads left, the cost of staffing etc to open Upper Tier - they'd surely need to sell a decent wedge to justify it

I remember one cup game where they opened up a handful of blocks in the east upper (Palace?). Surprised this has not been done.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’d love to see a starting line up including:

Baluta
Bong
Davies
Jenks
Gwargis
Cochrane
Richards
No need.

We have a 7 day break until Everton away.

Murray will start in potentially his Amex farewell, Schelotto and Connolly can't currently do 2 games in a week...

With the above in mind, it should be a fairly strong lineup selected.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Might get a clue in his press conference (Thursday ?)

The club have just re-issued the press invite. The first iteration stated it was only Potter, but Ali J has now been added to that. It would seem unusual to put a player up for a game if he's not playing, however given his wonder goal today, I wonder if it's more a case of putting him for a broader piece about how his fortunes have changed.

DATE: Thursday 2nd January 2020
TIME: 12.30pm & 1.30pm
VENUE: American Express Elite Football Performance Centre, Mash Barn Lane, Lancing BN15 9FP
SUBJECT: Alireza Jahanbakhsh & Graham Potter

Please note: Alireza Jahanbakhsh will be available at 12.30pm.​

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
~600 tickets left, but SW corner not open yet.

The lower tier should be pretty much full for this game.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No need.

We have a 7 day break until Everton away.

Murray will start in potentially his Amex farewell, Schelotto and Connolly can't currently do 2 games in a week...

With the above in mind, it should be a fairly strong lineup selected.

Not totally convinced that Muzza wants to get himself cup tied. Depends if he fancies that loan or not

Left back will be interesting. Bong starts as favourite, but I wonder if Cochrane might feel he has done enough in the u23s to get in front of him.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Whats the capacity of the lower tiers?
c.22K?

There will be more unsold at the moment than it looks like.

Hopefully some positive team news tomorrow will help them push it towards a Lower Bowl sell out.

Should have been cheaper and sold out the whole ground.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
c.22K?

There will be more unsold at the moment than it looks like.

Hopefully some positive team news tomorrow will help them push it towards a Lower Bowl sell out.

Should have been cheaper and sold out the whole ground.

Some sort of statement that GP isn't just going to throw the game by playing a load of 18 year olds might get a few more through the door.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Some sort of statement that GP isn't just going to throw the game by playing a load of 18 year olds might get a few more through the door.
I think it is pretty obvious that the circumstances are very different.

The last Cup game was 3 days before Chelsea away in an injury and illness crisis.

This time there is 7 days until Everton away and only 2 or 3 injuries ( the uncertainty over this number is because March could well be back and get some minutes ).

I can't see anyone outside the senior 25/26 getting a game.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Why would he do that? We were down to the bare bones for Villa. We have a much bigger group of fit players, no suspensions and seven days before the next game. It will be competitive. Button, Bong, Murray, Stephens, jahanbakhsh, Balogun, schellotto, Duffy and Bissouma all certainties to start. Would love to see Baluta, Cochrane and Roberts myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here