• No

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We recently popped into Jamie's in Brighton, didn't fancy the Christmas set menu so I went for the Arrabiatta but with a side portion of sprouts, very nice!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Of course, it's Christmas.

Don't muck around with them though - none of this bacon or parmesan bollocks. I had Christmas dinner with a Spanish friend once and she cooked them with garlic, which seemed vaguely sacrilegious. It's plain, Church of England sprouts for me.

Is the right answer .....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
They're amazing.........if you don't boil the shit out of them!

I usually quarter them and fry them in a really hot pan for a couple of minutes. As soon as they turn a more vibrant green they're done

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Against tthe law not to.
Indian style roast lamb with ciurried sprouts mixed in mashed swede, Bombay potatoes as a side. :drool:
Perfect Christmas dinner, followed by a Vienetta.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Probably. Just the one though as it will inevitably remind me how insufferably foul they are. :sick:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love sprouts but the problem is that the season for them is so long that I get fed up with them. This year I have avoided them until yesterday so they will taste better with Christmas Dinner.. Another interesting point is that when I was young my mother always put vinegar on hers and I have found nobody then or since who does the same and wondered why she did it, obviously didn't like the taste of boiled sprouts.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I love them. The wench will do me some on their own and then for others they'll get chopped up and fried with lardons and some nuts. I'll have some of those too.

sounds rather nice. usually avoid them though im not a hater but on the "ok if you dont boil them for a day" camp.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Will have a few, but they must be boiled to oblivion.....don't like them crunchy.
I think I'll have to try some of the other recipes for them. I just don't have the time or the inclination to bother with them too much

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Of course, it's Christmas.

Don't muck around with them though - none of this bacon or parmesan bollocks. I had Christmas dinner with a Spanish friend once and she cooked them with garlic, which seemed vaguely sacrilegious. It's plain, Church of England sprouts for me.

Brexit sprouts.

*hides*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Green balls of horridness. Be gone with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here