Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex will send us down

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Unless we can improve results and the atmosphere there. A good result today and definitely a point gained in a game I was expected we would get spanked. I have far more faith in the performances away than at home. What's to blame?

Youre right......I really miss the electric atmosphere at withdean and the drive to Gillingham. Barber out!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Amex has lost its mojo with too many fans in a catatonic state throughout the game apart from a polite clap if we score a goal.

The majority are not fans, they're customers. The more The Flight Of The Lanyards gathers pace, the noisier it will get, as the Withdean Five Thousand and the Away Support gain the upper hand numerically.

Feb 14, 2010
You can criticise Pompey and Leeds for a lot but they are the sort of fans we need to become loud, hostile and passionate, ok neither are doing so well but at least the atmosphere at there home games is good. Away we are fine but at home its not currently happening.

With respect, take your press influenced inferiority complex and chuck it in the English Channel. The Goldstone and the Amex both have as good and better noise than than both Leeds and Pompey depending on the game. Really, I have had enough of this drivel by people who have probably never seen a game that has not had Brighton in it. I once watched Leeds v Coventry in the Premier League. Coventry didnt half fill the away end and Elland Road was quieter than a Convent on Good Friday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The majority are not fans, they're customers. The more The Flight Of The Lanyards gathers pace, the noisier it will get, as the Withdean Five Thousand and the Away Support gain the upper hand numerically.

The atmosphere was undeniably better with only 16k in the ground against Wigan. The missing 7k customers/lanyard wearers prove they don't add anything.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You can criticise Pompey and Leeds for a lot but they are the sort of fans we need to become loud, hostile and passionate, ok neither are doing so well but at least the atmosphere at there home games is good. Away we are fine but at home its not currently happening.

We've won err.........how often this season away from home?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Unless we can improve results and the atmosphere there. A good result today and definitely a point gained in a game I was expected we would get spanked. I have far more faith in the performances away than at home. What's to blame?

I actually think you have a point. The Amex should be a fortress, but it isn't. Which is a real shame.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
the place is souless and too many moaners keen to get on players backs!
Speak to any fan of any club who sits anywhere in any ground and he will say there was some right tit who knew very little about football moaning the whole way through.

The atmosphere was undeniably better with only 16k in the ground against Wigan. The missing 7k customers/lanyard wearers prove they don't add anything.
Or that the £16k were all more lubricated having been able to leave the pub later and get served at the ground quicker. I had a 2 pint halftime just because I queued up got a pint and drank it and was so shocked by the amount of time I had left I needed another drink.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agree the results need to improve, but why must the atmosphere ???
And i don't see how the Amex is directly responsible for the performances, very inaccurate thread title.

This. The atmosphere will improve if the results and performances improve.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here