[Albion] The Amex today - loudest since Sheffield Wednesday 2016?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Not on Sheffield Wednesday levels but a great atmosphere today, especially towards the end.

I think the cheer for Lamptey warming up was the loudest cheer a sub has ever got before .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sounded really poor on the tv bar about ten minutes.

Just watched MOTD2 and every clip of the game seemed to have a very quiet atmosphere for background.

Leicester had a lot of possession throughout and posed a constant threat to score in a moment. This was especially the case for the first 20mins which set the tone. We only had a two goal lead for ten minutes.

The roar at the end was massive.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Just watched MOTD2 and every clip of the game seemed to have a very quiet atmosphere for background.

Leicester had a lot of possession throughout and posed a constant threat to score in a moment. This was especially the case for the first 20mins which set the tone. We only had a two goal lead for ten minutes.

The roar at the end was massive.

Read a lot of conflicting mentions of the atmosphere on various threads which seem split depending on whether at the game or watching on telly. Seems strange. I couldn't make the game but saw most on a stream. When it going it sounded great, but I must admit I was surprised to see this thread suggesting it was the best since Sheffield Wednesday. It obviously sounded better there than how it came across on telly, but why? Other games I've had to watch on telly last season have certainly sounded louder.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
From my position central north stand that was the best atmosphere and singing for some time. You could even hear the east stand singing.
Those saying it was quiet I would suggest you arrange a visit to the doctor to get your hearing tested.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I noticed it didn't empty as quick as usual. Was buzzing at times but with the lulls in the game the atmosphere felt flat too. Didn't hear a peep from the other lot until their goal and then they fell silent almost instantly.
Admittedly I was sitting nearer to them than the NS but they were the only ones making any decent noise until we scored the pen.

Overall, a pretty flat atmosphere which only changed when the drama increased, great by the end though.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
about 5 minutes to the end, We are Brighton, Super Brighton, was as loud as anything, since the Sheff Wednesday game.

For those taking pot shots at the North, we have sung as loudly as we did in the playoff game , many, many times.
The difference on that occasion was the West Stand. When the whole of the West decide to sing, it is an incredible noise.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Leicester fans are not a happy bunch (either due to poor acoustics between North and South Stands or just sour grapes) - comments on their forum include:

"the one positive I can draw is that we don’t have the worst home atmosphere in the league - Brighton fans were truly atrocious. Other than a couple of cries of “allllbiiooon” we didn’t hear a peep from them the whole game"
"Brighton away is always terrible, away end is not geared up for a good atmosphere and the home fans are terrible (didn’t used to be so bad in the Championship)"
"Given the fact that there was not much to cheer in the first half, and the Brighton fans were silent"

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did you raise your arms at full time

96E4EBE9-66A5-46AF-89BC-139202F63CE6.jpeg

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
about 5 minutes to the end, We are Brighton, Super Brighton, was as loud as anything, since the Sheff Wednesday game.

For those taking pot shots at the North, we have sung as loudly as we did in the playoff game , many, many times.
The difference on that occasion was the West Stand. When the whole of the West decide to sing, it is an incredible noise.

From where I am under the security box, we’re singing pretty much constantly but it needs the /east/west to join in to make it proper proper loud.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Leicester fans are not a happy bunch (either due to poor acoustics between North and South Stands or just sour grapes) - comments on their forum include:

"the one positive I can draw is that we don’t have the worst home atmosphere in the league - Brighton fans were truly atrocious. Other than a couple of cries of “allllbiiooon” we didn’t hear a peep from them the whole game"
"Brighton away is always terrible, away end is not geared up for a good atmosphere and the home fans are terrible (didn’t used to be so bad in the Championship)"
"Given the fact that there was not much to cheer in the first half, and the Brighton fans were silent"

Away fans will always have a dig at the levels of support when they've had a bad day. My seat is bang on the half way line so get a fair idea of how loud the south and north stands are. My assessment was that Leicester were loud on a couple occasions, a few songs here and there, but generally one of the quieter sets of away fans over the 90. We were quiet first half, seemed a very relaxed Sunday afternoon atmosphere around the place, but then second half we were very loud. Anyone saying they didnt hear a peep the whole game is either deaf or some serious sour grapes.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The acoustics at the Amex mean the south and north stands generally cant hear each other that well. & add to that the fact Leicester lost then you'll no doubt get some salty fans.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The acoustics at the Amex mean the south and north stands generally cant hear each other that well. & add to that the fact Leicester lost then you'll no doubt get some salty fans.

From where i am in the southern end of the west the away fans quite often seem louder than the north , even though i am sure they are not . Guessing that is down to acoustics as you say . Also i get peeved when sections of the ground are singing the same song but at different parts ,again same thing . So i was particularly pleased on sunday towards the end when it seemed to me that the whole ground were in unison with the albion albion and the brighton clapping chants ( even the east ! ) It sounded superb .
Having never been outside the ground during a game ( obviously ! ) i sometimes wonder how the sound carries and even if people on the A27 or trains can hear it ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

That's true. I'm not a STH so I've sat all over the shop and when I've been in ESL next to the away fans .... well you can see the full NS jumping up, clapping, waving, etc so you know they're putting in a shift, but by the time the sound reaches the other end of the ground it's little more than the murmur of waves lapping on a sandy shore. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's nothing like as loud as it sounds when you're actually in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports