Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex Pitch

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The pitch would be in a much better state if it wasnt so over used. We have had the rugby world cup, the ladies team and the development squad all use it. Perhaps it needs to be used more sparingly next season.

Agreed, no more egg chasing/bird's football/england u21 games. And play any development games we have to early/late in the season when the weather is better.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Nah. Every game in November/December it pissed down - pretty unfortunate really

Yes rain doesnt help, but it was obviously going to get torn up with Rugby being played on it. If i remember correctly the ladies match was played the day after a home game, which is never going to help the pitch repair itself.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm not an expert, but would guess that 2 games of rugby over a dry sunny weekend in early September would have negligible impact on the pitch condition 4 months later in comparison to 2 months worth of football matches played in shitty wet weather.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm not an expert, but would guess that 2 games of rugby over a dry sunny weekend in early September would have negligible impact on the pitch condition 4 months later in comparison to 2 months worth of football matches played in shitty wet weather.
No place for that sort of reasoned opinion on here.

The state of the pitch is simply down to Barber and his obsession with egg chasing.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No place for that sort of reasoned opinion on here.

The state of the pitch is simply down to Barber and his obsession with egg chasing.

Yes. This. And it is CLEARLY the reason for us not scoring goals, when the opposition seem to be able to do it just fine.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't seem to remember the pitch being a poor state after the rugby. It's pretty much down to the weather.

el punal

Pardon? No just meerly commenting that if alot of sport is played on a surface the ground will not be able to repair itself.

Tongue in cheek comment from me! Seriously though, as a lot of posters have commented, the weather for home matches over the last few months has been atrocious. And this, more than anything, I would guess has caused the problem.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The additional games hasn't helped but the main reason for the poor quality of the pitch is the amount of rain we've had during the games for the last 3 months. I can't remember another season where we've had so much rain full during the games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was once told that the important time to repair the pitch was immediately the game finished before any frost could set in. CPFC used an old Morris Minor with rollers instead of wheels and before supporters left the ground the ground staff could be seen driving up and down the pitch rolling it

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was once told that the important time to repair the pitch was immediately the game finished before any frost could set in. CPFC used an old Morris Minor with rollers instead of wheels and before supporters left the ground the ground staff could be seen driving up and down the pitch rolling it
Morale of your story don't leave your car in Croydon otherwise you loose your wheels.:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here