Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX pies

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Very disappointed with pie today......wrapped in plastic ...soggy pastry and fell apart when picked up....gutted.Nothing like the beauty I had at the SSC game... the mobile harveys dispensers were the the dogs bollocks though....delicious and just the right temp.....

Last edited:

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
27 hours of work in the last 2 days to get it all ready in time. Shattered

Sounds like a struggle .... Why so different ? Is it purely numbers or a drop in standard. Last week firm herby crust no plastic bag and this week plastic bag .. No herbs and completely fell to bits when picked up? ....looked mass produced rather than home made. Just in the interests of providing feedback you understand....

Last edited:

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I wasn't up at the stadium today at the kiosks so wouldn't know what the plastic bag is about. We made 8000 pies so I think one or two could have issues, obviously it's a shame to hear. Will pass on the comments and keep an eye out for it in the future.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
I wasn't up at the stadium today at the kiosks so wouldn't know what the plastic bag is about. We made 8000 pies so I think one or two could have issues, obviously it's a shame to hear. Will pass on the comments and keep an eye out for it in the future.

The pie was in a sealed bag inside one of your boxes .. different supplier?. Certainly did not look anything like the lovely steak number I had before ! How many are you making for next week? Better get started !! :)

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The pie was in a sealed bag inside one of your boxes .. different supplier?. Certainly did not look anything like the lovely steak number I had before ! How many are you making for next week? Better get started !! :)

Don't forget we have the Tuesday night game as well. Will have to look at sales from today as to how many we need to make for saturday. We used all the same ingrediants and suppliers, maybe the kiosk staff ruined it.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Had a steak pie, in general very very good although a bit of my meat filling was still on the bone. No harm done though and will be having more.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I had a steak and ale from WSU before the match. It was spot on and I couldn't fault it. I'm going to be a fatter boy by the end of the season.

Harveys was ok but had run out by half-time.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Chicken and Ham from WSU. Very nice! Perhaps a TAD soggy as it was in the box, and a fork is a must. Other than that, brilliant! Balti pie please!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Had steak and ale - it was a good pie not not close to hot enough. You get a pasty from 'west corwall pasty co' and you'll burn if you tuck straight in. Ours were warm - Bloom out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had the chicken pie today, and can confirm the seasoning was perfect.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Really don't get the pie thing, its very "British", however the chicken & ham pie I was forced to eat by Frutos was quite nice.

Fork would have been handy but the pie holds together well enough to cope without if need be.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Really don't get the pie thing, its very "British", however the chicken & ham pie I was forced to eat by Frutos was quite nice.

You were not 'forced' into anything (we were in different bits of the ground, for a start out). I suggested you try one, that was all.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Was looking for the burger van in 1901, but couldn't find one. Hadn't paid for what looked like a lovely buffet, so enquired about a pie? Pies were soon aquired and for LBTP junior it was his first. Can confirm we will definately be gorging ourselves on pies of this standard. Do they sell burgers? I don't know but I have moved on :)

Really enjoyed the Albion ale........ will preorder my halftime drinks at Donny. 5 mins queue is a long time at half time!!! Could hardly digest my prawn sarnies before the teams came out.......We Hey..........

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
27 hours of work in the last 2 days to get it all ready in time. Shattered

That's all well and good claiming you've just put in 27 hours work over the last 2 days. But surely as a business person, you factored in that taking on this kind of contract will involve long hours, 9 months of the year from which you reap the benefits. Just simple business sense. I tried to buy a Steak and Ale pie at the SSCFinal during half time and was informed they had sold out. I thought you baked them on-site to overcome this ?? Ended up with the Chicken pie, which to be honest was fantastic. My fear is that standards will fall, where did the plastic packaging concept come from ?? they were supposed to be served in a box. Already I sense outward cost cuts. Unless I'm mistaken it sounds like you've taken the "all eggs in one basket approach, closed the shop and opened a production factory based on this contract". That approach leaves your business very, very exposed !!

As a word of advice, have a fall back plan, where any unsold/unbaked pies from each match can be sold the very next morning, as the shop has gone then at Sunday/Wednesday markets etc. Had to respond as I found your comment a little condescending re: the hours you put in, almost sounded as if you were telling us you were doing us a favour. Trust me at £3.50 for a pie, your'e not. Non of the above is a dig, just merely trying to help by painting the bigger picture, however I'm sure you have a contingency plan in place should the contract go elsewhere at any time. Trust me if the quality that was promised dips, you are going to find it hard to regain these customers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seemed to be a lot of AMEX pies left over in the WSU/WSL whatever that concourse was with loads of staff and no customers after the game. Hope you find them a good home for thaforesaid AMEX pies rather than just sling 'em. Maybe you could offer them half price after the game?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Thank You to whoever made my steak and ale pie in the west stand upper! It was the best food I have ever had at a football match. Also it was brilliant you offered a veggie pie for the lady.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here