The AMEX pies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I was in the supporters end, work needs doing before season starts, ran out of sugar before match started,pies luke warm again before match started and service very slow. Lovely pint of Harveys though. We all thought prices a bit steep £1-80 for a cup of tea for instance
Having moaned must remember this was the first match and a trial run before the start of the season so plenty of time to put a couple of bad points right

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
By the sounds of it the pies are going down very well.

Shoreham Beach Seagull, how was it from your side?

Thought I'd bounce this to see if I can get SBS to give us the pie story from the other side. Some pie sales stats would be nice.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Thought I'd bounce this to see if I can get SBS to give us the pie story from the other side. Some pie sales stats would be nice.

Thanks, didn't see the thread bounce first time round. We made 2000 pies this week, 1500 Steak, 400 Chicken and 100 Veg. When working in the East Kiosk we sold out the pies before half time not a clue how many we had to start with though. We then requested more pies to be brought down, which I think only another 40 odd got to us by the time the second half had started. I knew once again these would all sell which we just about managed (If only we had them before half time). Once we cleared all the Kiosks down there were around 100 pies in the west stand in the fridge that no-one had taken out :rant:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
The steak and ale pie was, as has been said, very nice.

Would like to see a chicken balti pie introduced though, they're always a winner!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1900 pies / 7000 punters... that is a pretty amazing pie to punter ratio! :)

Pretty amazing indeed, and some are suggesting the number of punters was less than 7000 so 1900 sales is even better. Just goes to show that quality at a fair price wins out.

I'm really pleased they're selling well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports