Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex "atmosphere"

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Nothing wrong with the atmosphere. Palace rarely heard until they scored. We have bigger problems than the atmosphere

This FFS. Ridiculous threads banging on about the atmosphere. We could have Pavarotti, Mick Hucknall, Bruce Dickinson and Shirley Bassey having been "sniffing coke and drinking Stella since 7am "and it would still not change our current predicament on the pitch.

Some of the 'atmosphere' threads seem to be an attempt to assert that you are somehow a better fan than anyone else and you must support your team in the same way as I choose to.

Last edited:

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Interesting reading some thought the atmosphere was actually ok on saturday.

Each to their own of course.

For one of our most important home games of the season against our biggest rivals i thought it was absolutely dire and resembled nothing of a hostile "derby" atmosphere.

Perhaps if the away end was closer to the north stand it may generate better atmosphere between the 2 sets of supporters throughout the matches.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The biggest issue is that we rely on the smallest section of the stadium that houses our fans to make the biggest noise whilst the two largest stands sit on their tod all game making none.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Some great assumptions in this thread by some people. What seems to constitute a good atmosphere is two sets of fans fuelled by alcohol hurling abuse at each other. For the record I don't like prawn sandwiches, I do like a beer and I do like a song.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Too many middle clsss fans = shit atmosphere. Fulham, Reading, Bournemouth, Norwich, Brighton. It applies to all of them.

It’s most obvious away games. You see teams like Leeds bring 3000 pissed up blokes aged 16-45 who have probably been sniffing coke and drinking Stella since 7am. Our away fans are families and old people who drove up in their hybrid Prius and eat couscous at half time. Sadly the Prem attracts more of these fans And pushes more working class fans away. It is what it is.

We are not all pissed up coke sniffing louts.....so sorry to disappoint you.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Too many middle clsss fans = shit atmosphere. Fulham, Reading, Bournemouth, Norwich, Brighton. It applies to all of them.

It’s most obvious away games. You see teams like Leeds bring 3000 pissed up blokes aged 16-45 who have probably been sniffing coke and drinking Stella since 7am. Our away fans are families and old people who drove up in their hybrid Prius and eat couscous at half time. Sadly the Prem attracts more of these fans And pushes more working class fans away. It is what it is.

Youre comparing our atmosphere to Reading, Bournemouth and Fulham? Christ it's not been amazing lately but it's, and will always be, 10x better than those 3. Norwich is also not too bad in terms of atmosphere whenever I've been.

And your point is void anyway - go to any of the top teams (including Liverpool, who are storming away to their first league win in decades, when it's not a game against another big team) and the atmosphere is absolutely bang average too.

And also, I've said it before but our away fans are generally very good away from home - certainly better than most at the Amex imo.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Oh goody yet another thread on the atmosphere.

At this rate we will be calling the Arsenal game, the library classico.

Why dont you just answer the question instead of being a NSC know all super supporter.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I don’t agree with the main thrust of your argument, but a genuine :lolol: at the grandads and Prius stuff.

In reverse, I think the almost always noisy fans of Leeds, Millwall and Pompey are the exception. They’re bloody good at keeping going, even when losing. I’ve watched Pompey tonight on BT Sport ... losing 2-0 to Arsenal on 74 minutes, they’ve never stopped singing loudly, no fire drill manoeuvres.

The Olympic Stadium, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, OT, you name it are all shite if they’re not winning. The Emirates is shocking, just three meekly sung songs, even Wenger touched upon the mistakes in the move and design in an article earlier this year.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
This FFS. Ridiculous threads banging on about the atmosphere. We could have Pavarotti, Mick Hucknall, Bruce Dickinson and Shirley Bassey having been "sniffing coke and drinking Stella since 7am "and it would still not change our current predicament on the pitch.

Some of the 'atmosphere' threads seem to be an attempt to assert that you are somehow a better fan than anyone else and you must support your team in the same way as I choose to.

When we lose everything gets dissected. The atmosphere, the recruitment team, the manager, the transport links, the weekly scapegoats, the pies... the only thing this board fails to ever look at is the opposition. Very little interest in that. Too busy moaning.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Zaha’s antics cranked it up to a decent level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here