Are we in a relegation battle?

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
d38fcd387d72350d019b26776f10da1126b272ffcce33309699c232fb7dfcacf.jpg

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
We are four points outside the relegation zone and eight off the playoffs! We are playing quite well and creating loads of chances. If the team was more settled, we would do even better.

With Solly and Dale to come back soon - who knows?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
35 games to save our season.

:guitar:

We do need to get a decent 93 day loan striker asap though, otherwise it could all end in tears.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll decide after the next three games where we are this season.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
You have to admire the optimism of some people on this thread. The fact is, we are near the bottom of the table and on current form, that is where we deserve to be. It's all very well going on about the apparent number of chances we are missing, etc but the only way you win games is by scoring more goals than your opposition. We are averaging one point a game- 46 over the season. Generally, 50 seems to mean safety. No supporter wants to see us relegated but unless a goalscorer is found from somewhere very quickly, we'll be in for a very worrying season.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
But the forwards aren't firing and don't seem capable of doing so... So until we get a 20 goal a season striker in then yes, we are in a bit of a pickle... January will be a big month...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Only one win in 5 at the Amex tells the story!! At this moment in time the answer reluctantly is yes!:down:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'll decide after the next three games where we are this season.

I would normally be in agreement with this,but due to circumstances i think the next 12 games will tell us more..

I think Sami has had his bedding in period and i would normally say at this stage we are in a struggle or relegation battle,but i think the season starts in a few weeks time at home to Boro.

We are doing enough to suggest the season will get better.

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
Pretty solid defence, plenty of midfield creativity in recent signings... glaringly obvious from fans and pundits' observations that we're lacking a top-notch striker - so, unless we sign someone in January, should realistically resign ourselves to this being a mid-table season made more enjoyable (please!) by moments of mecurial brilliance from McCourt...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We will go down one day, to believe we won't is strange. Why not this season?

Because the attitude from the top,if not enough to take us straight up or even challenge play off's,will not allow us to drop...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We are playing some of the most enjoyable football I have seen from the Albion in years let down by silly defensive mistakes even more than our failure to score goals.
Okay so we are the wrong end of the table but there are passages of play in every game that are a delight so if I am not happy to be fighting at the bottom right now I am enjoying going to the games and that is what being a fan is about surely?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No thanks for Barndoor coming back, need a proper goalscorer and unload CMS/Colunga at the same time

Ah, but you're forgetting one of the rules of NSC: for any player that is out injured long term, or who we let go or sell, their ability increases proportionally to the time since they got injured/sold, and their return to the first team, theoretical or otherwise, becomes the answer to all of our problems.

Just ignore the fact that Barnes' goal per games average in the Championship is worse than both COG and Baldock, despite them playing for much weaker sides than the BHA side Barnes played for.:thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As no team in the league has reached 50 points yet, then all teams in this division are still in a relegation scrap. :cool:

second word is clog's..... :lolol: very good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here