Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Alex Pritchard Wage Foundation

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's was almost as good as the Harding moment. Love the video. But one thing niggles at me, we were actually going to spend 8million on him! He was great at Brentford but not worth that cash.

Well I wouldn't say £8mil - was more like £5mil initially. Also not keen to judge on one game. Although he was horrendous yesterday & has started I think 1 league game all season so Neil can't be over-impressed so maybe you're right...

Only thing that niggles me is how good he was that season for Brentford. I kind of still wish we'd signed him as most players seem to improve under Hughton & with a run in the team he may have been very good...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
He simply wouldn't get in our side.
Tony Bloom saved a few bob there and may be having an informal chat with the recruitment team this morning.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He simply wouldn't get in our side.
Tony Bloom saved a few bob there and may be having an informal chat with the recruitment team this morning.

Not convinced by what you said. He doesn't become a bad player overnight.

Hughton is a master of getting the best out of players and i reckon he would shine here.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well I wouldn't say £8mil - was more like £5mil initially. Also not keen to judge on one game. Although he was horrendous yesterday & has started I think 1 league game all season so Neil can't be over-impressed so maybe you're right...

Only thing that niggles me is how good he was that season for Brentford. I kind of still wish we'd signed him as most players seem to improve under Hughton & with a run in the team he may have been very good...

Tend to agree.

That said, he's still a knob earning £30k a week so the last laugh is probably his.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's a very good player, Norwich will not get anywhere near the best out of him by playing him in wide areas.

he would have been our No10, which is the position i am sure he wants to play.

He took the money though, which he is entitled to do... only come the end of the season will he know if he made a mistake..

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I believe his pre-season was interrupted with injury, then being ditched by Mopo.

He is a good player, but he is not a winger - he needs to be in the middle of the pitch.

I still think he will come good at Norwich, can't help think he would have been better of signing for Brighton though.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Not convinced by what you said. He doesn't become a bad player overnight.

Hughton is a master of getting the best out of players and i reckon he would shine here.

Fair point regarding Hughton. No question about that.

Which member of our starting side on Saturday would have made way for £8m Prtchard?

I wonder if he was thinking about that as he watched from the bench ? Oh I do hope so :D

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fair point regarding Hughton. No question about that.

Which member of our starting side on Saturday would have made way for £8m Prtchard?

I wonder if he was thinking about that as he watched from the bench ? Oh I do hope so :D

He would have played instead of Baldock if we played him in the current formation. Who's to say we'd stick to 4-4-2 if we had him though. We might go 4-3-3

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
Made me larf OP. Nice one. Hits the spot

Other part of the game was when one of the Norwich took a shot and fell over at the same time in fron of the North stand. TRhen sheepishly walked back to half way then dropped to the ground clutching his ankle..... LOLOLLO. That was funny too. (The bit bit about him making out that was the reason he blasted high and wide)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Please spare a moment to laugh at Alex Pritchard, this morning

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Please spare a moment to laugh at Alex Pritchard, this morning

He joined Norwich for football reasons not cash.

Now that he seems to be out the picture altogether at Norwich, perhaps we could find Alex a place in our U23s?

Whilst we'd need to get him on a free, I still think he and his agent should make a modest contribution to the club for the use of our world class training facilities and the expertise from the staff he'd enjoy.

As it's Christmas. I'd have him here on these terms, but only on for a trial period.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He joined Norwich for football reasons not cash.

Now that he seems to be out the picture altogether at Norwich, perhaps we could find Alex a place in our U23s?

Whilst we'd need to get him on a free, I still think he and his agent should make a modest contribution to the club for the use of our world class training facilities and the expertise from the staff he'd enjoy.

As it's Christmas. I'd have him here on these terms, but only on for a trial period.

May need to get him a sat nav though as he isn't too good at ending up where he started off to go in car journeys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here