The Albion's dream debuts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Shamelessly stolen from ITV4 now, what are the Albion's best debutante performances?

I thought Abdul Razak would take the AMEX era crown, but his debut was actually away to Hull the Wednesday before he single-handedly demolished Ipswich.

I'm going to say that Razak wins this for me regardless as his performance was majestic enough to change the rules, allowing home debuts which it was) to count.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Maheta Molango v Reading.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I can't remember if it was his debut but Ryan Harley looked like an absolute WORLD-BEATER during the game against Peterborough where he banged in the free kick from 30 yards, bossed the midfield and generally looked like kind of player you need in the team to win the league. Shame it rather tailed off from there.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Ryan Harley vs Peterborough. What a free kick!

I can't remember if it was his debut but Ryan Harley looked like an absolute WORLD-BEATER during the game against Peterborough where he banged in the free kick from 30 yards, bossed the midfield and generally looked like kind of player you need in the team to win the league. Shame it rather tailed off from there.

Not his debut.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
No, he made his home debut earlier in the season. They weren't even his first goals for the club as he'd scored the previous week.

A certain Peter Ward didn't do too badly, scoring within 50 seconds on his debut. And, I think, his partner in crime, Ian Mellor did too.

Best goal from a debutant was Alan Duffy's power shot against Bradford City, with his long hair we thought we'd signed another George Best. Sadly, he was another Best in drinking ability rather than footballing

Duffy! Yeah, we thought he was brilliant after that but he put on about 3 stone in 3 weeks and could barely run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports