Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Albion...... the summer building.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Integrate White, Molumby and Gyökeres into the squad.

Buy a striker.

Maybe buy a central midfielder.

Hopefully Izquierdo will be back to full fitness, if not we'll need to bring in a replacement.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He didn’t look great v United to be fair - was caught out of position quite a bit - but otherwise nice fishing [emoji106] Without the hype, even his stats are very good for the other two games.

Though he was playing further forward, in what was an incredibly poor poor first half display.

I think he’s excellent and we finally have a Bruno replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Integrate White, Molumby and Gyökeres into the squad.

Buy a striker.

Maybe buy a central midfielder.

Hopefully Izquierdo will be back to full fitness, if not we'll need to bring in a replacement.

Integrate Molumby, White, Sanchez, Ostigard and Cochrane for me.

Sell Walton and Gyokores

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ig fecker of a day. We are safe now but I really want to go and grab some points from out there.plenty of games to go and who knows with winnable games there are.... lets finish with a flourish. Amazing philip that would be for next season and our two forward transfers joining us

Have we singed a Nigerian international?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Though he was playing further forward, in what was an incredibly poor poor first half display.

I think he’s excellent and we finally have a Bruno replacement

I was going to add that he was also playing kind of out of position......I think (flame me now) we have a Bruno UPGRADE. :eek:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
LB , CM as proper or stephens not up to it + CF

minimum

defence ok ish , need goals goals goals

Just my opinion but I’d rather plough transfer funds into the CF and a wide player than look to buy another CM. For next season, Mooy, Alzate, Bissouma, Propper, Stephens can all play the CM roles, even Gross maybe Molumby can come into that area.

We may well need to be thinking about alternatives to Jahanbakhsh and Izquierdo next season because we still lack pace out wide, and of course a CF.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just my opinion but I’d rather plough transfer funds into the CF and a wide player than look to buy another CM. For next season, Mooy, Alzate, Bissouma, Propper, Stephens can all play the CM roles, even Gross maybe Molumby can come into that area.

We may we’ll need to be thinking about alternatives to Jahanbakhsh and Izquierdo next season because we still lack pace out wide, and of course a CF.

I'd be amazed if Stephens is still at the club.

Much like Duffy he'll be a very expensive 4th or 5th choice player, to have in the squad.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He didn’t look great v United to be fair - was caught out of position quite a bit - but otherwise nice fishing [emoji106] Without the hype, even his stats are very good for the other two games.

He was also out of position. Deffo a right back and only a right back at the moment. (19 years old). At least he got MOM yesterday and was sensational against Leicester.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Need a new right back as Lamptey seems very over rated by some on here after just 3 average games. Has a couple of tricks and step overs and some pace but apart from that hasn’t really offered anything.

That is funny...............

Seriously I love the guy already...an 18 year old who can communicate and comes across as intelligent...What a bargain buy!

Centre Forward for sure. Would go Serie B or Spanish Seconda div ...assuming our Viktor Gyokeres isn't good enough post loan to St Pauli.

All financed in a 'Post C-19 tightened purse string World' by the shrewd selling of 7 or our 25 centre backs........

All looking rosey from up here if you ask me!

TNBA

TTF

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Much like Duffy he'll be a very expensive 4th or 5th choice player, to have in the squad.

Indeed, my point being I guess is that perhaps we have enough talent, especially if Alzate and Molumby come back into the fold to let Stephens go without necessarily replacing.

Propper and Mooy showed yesterday they could interchange, and for a while Mooy reverted to his preferred CM spot, a position I think he’s better suited to, but has had to play wide through being the best of our available options, but he’s not a natural winger by any means.

Stephens though, even on a decent wage is not a bad option to retain in the squad. I just don’t think a CM is a priority in the summer (which is code for we’ll likely break our transfer record for a CM...).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Need a new right back as Lamptey seems very over rated by some on here after just 3 average games. Has a couple of tricks and step overs and some pace but apart from that hasn’t really offered anything.
I have to ask did you not see him mug off Vardy? MOM performance against Norwich, Spurs fans saying he would walk into their team, Chelsea fans crying he’s left them. He’s going to be a fantastic player if not already.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I also have a suspicion that Stephens will move on this summer ( along with Kayal ).

I think we will recruit in central midfield, and we also have Molumby coming in.

Another midfield question is what lies ahead for Baluta next season - perhaps a Championship loan ?

It is inevitable that the recruitment budget will be down, so just 2-3 senior signings along with those for the future.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A lot of people in different threads wanting Duffy, Stephens, March and Murray to leave but I dont think Potter would allow that to happen. Removing most of the clubs culture carriers in one go is not something he would do. Think there's a chance all of them are staying, depending on what the players want. Duffy obviously might want to be a starter somewhere and I think any promoted team would be happy to have him but I'm not completely foreign (well... yes) to the idea of him staying. As for March he is good enough to be a rotational PL player.

Stephens & Murray are most likely though, neither would be able to find a new Premier League club and both are at the age where I imagine they would prefer doing cameo appearances rather than grinding 46 games in the Championship.

In general I think there will be more players going out than coming in. Going back to 7 substitutes would, with the same squad as now, require six (ten if you include Andone, Locadia, Kayal & Izquierdo) first team player to sit out of the matchday squad every game and thats probably at least three too many.

The ones to go - aside for the obvious ones like Kayal, Locadia, Andone etc - will probably be the foreign 25+ year old players unlikely to play regularly in a starting eleven: Schelotto, Montoya, Bernardo and Gross all fairly likely to leave, along with Duffy (if he wants), one of the backup keepers, possibly Pröpper (if the club gets a good offer and he wants to increase his chances of playing in Euro "2020"). Obviously also going to be a small chance that a dirty powerhouse comes for Dunk & Maupay.

Its hard to predict signings since it depends a lot on who leaves, but these positions will be strengthened:

GK: Matt Ryan will be gone for the 2021 Asian Cup in January & February, and from what I've seen of Steele & Button (not too much tbf) they are not good enough. Christian "Glued to the line" Walton very unlikely to be Potter's choice as well.

CM: I'm pretty sure at least one (someone who could score a few goals) will be signed but could also be two depending on how Potter feels about Molumby.

CF: I'm sure a striker will come in and almost equally sure people will be disappointed, since I think the player arriving would be a tall, strong striker to offer an alternative rather than being an obvious starter.

Wouldnt be surprised to see signings for any other position than CB though.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not sure there will be much movement in this 'close season'. Would like another centre forward or two and a 'Richard Carpenter' type midfielder but otherwise reasonably happy with the basis of what we have. Possibly bring in White if we lose Dunk or Duffy.

Loan out or sell, Ali J, Schelotto or Montoya, Stephens, March, Kayal, Locadia, Andone, and even possibly Connolly (out on loan) where personally I think he might benefit from playing regularly in the Championship like White has done with Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here