Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Scoring 4 or More Away

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Only scored 3 there im afraid

I have just checked the facts and you are correct, only 3 at Peterborough, 4 at Charlton a fortnight before. Could have been 6 at Peterborough though, their keeper had a blinder.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
we had another 4-0 at The Valley under Cloughie I think or just after he left?

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Sheff Utd 5 - 4 Albion in '89. Still the craziest game I've ever seen. They were coasting 3-1 when we came back to lead 4-3 then towards the end they got the equaliser and the winner. Bob Booker got one of theirs. Entertaining to say the least.

Very memorable it was and we followed it up a few days later with a 4-2 win at Molineux. Marvellous scenes :albion2:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Didn't we win 4-2 at Wolves early in the 89-90 season? There was a match at Anfield that night with a certain team from S London. Can anyone remember the score of that game........

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
There was another result that night that was of interest to Albion fans....

There was indeed. Double celebrations in a few service stations that night. :clap:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Shrewsbury 1972, great times 0-0 HT won 5-3, long coach journey home after, we scored 5 at Halifax and 4 at Rotherham, scoring 43 away that season.
I was at that Shrewsbury game, were you amongst the group of about 30 Albion fans behind the goal ?
We also scored 4 at Oldham that season.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
On the subject of Alex Dawson, think we won 5-1 or 5-2 and also remember John Vinnicombe saying that he should have scored five but after rounding the keeper, he rolled the ball towards the empty net, only for it to stick in the mud and be cleared.

Well, John Vinnicombe did not see all Dawson's goals as he left before the end to catch the last train from Hartlepool to get home that night - the only time he ever did that. We only made it home that night because we had a lift to Stockton. When we met John at Darlington he would not believe the score until we bought him a classified. He must have fallen out with the club at the time as he normally got a lift on the team coach.

Also saw us score 4 at Stockport County on Good Friday 1965. Never thought I would be living close by 50 years later!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we have played 24 seasons in the top two tiers and only once scored more than four goals away (4-5 at Bristol Rovers in 1959-60), and only scorec four only five times to my knowledge: Bristol City, Leicester City recently, Wolves in my time and twice before, once at Cardiff. Those four were wins. We also lost 5-4 to Sheff United in one season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think we have played 24 seasons in the top two tiers and only once scored more than four goals away (4-5 at Bristol Rovers in 1959-60), and only scorec four only five times to my knowledge: Bristol City, Leicester City recently, Wolves in my time and twice before, once at Cardiff. Those four were wins. We also lost 5-4 to Sheff United in one season.

Not so sure about that

I've seen Grimsby 4-2, Cambridge 4-3 and Blackburn 4-1.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It meant that on the Saturday, if results had gone our way, we could have gone up.

After the match, there was what could perhaps be described as some 'nawtiness' between the Albion crew and the away fans from Sheffield United, on the pitch of course in true 80's stylee.

This sorta thing?

Attachments

• IMG_9485.jpg
    IMG_9485.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 72

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or this?

IMG_9486.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here