Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - Season Ticket podcast special

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Show still not up yet - hopefully won't be long. Below are the questions asked, and the answers given by the club. Make of them what you will. On the show, we debated some of the issues more worthy of debate.

GENERAL

• We were initially promised ST info for the Amex in September. Then it was delayed until October, and finally released at the end of November. What was the reason for the delay?

We needed to put the banking arrangements in place in order for us to collect payment via Direct Debit . This took a bit longer than we expected but the arrangements are now all in place.

SEASON TICKETS - THIS WEEK'S ANNOUNCEMENTS

• 18-21 year olds are getting a big price hike. What is the thinking behind the U21 / student rate not being offered - especially as we are right next to the Universities?

The U21 rate was introduced a couple of seasons ago. In fact out of a 19,000 student population, we had only 300 season ticket holders. We will look at match specific promotions for the new season

• Can a 9 year old STH add '+3' (their three friends) to their ST allocation?

No

• Is it fair that some people who have rarely or never visited Withdean should be ahead of some in the queue just because they know someone who is a Priority 1 STH?

Our aim is to maximise season ticket sales at the Amex Stadium. Our pledge has always been to our long term and existing season ticket holders. We have ensured that they are able to buy additional tickets for family and friends and sit with them at the Amex stadium

• My mate is a Priority 1 STH and is wants to pay for his new STH in one go. He is happy to have me (a Priority 4) as one of his '+3', but I want to pay in instalments. Is this OK - in other words, is how I want to pay dependent on how the first person pays?

The payment method for each supporter is not dependent on the payment method chosen by the season ticket holder attending the presentation. However season ticket holders attending must submit a fully completed Direct Debit Mandate on the day for their family or friends if they have chosen to pay by instalments or have funds available if they have chosen to pay up front

• Are STs transferrable? Can you share a ST? Or is it the case that - while you're not supposed to - there's not much you can do in reality?

Season Tickets are not transferable and remain the property of the Club at all times. However we understand that on a match by match basis tickets do get passed to friends or family and provided they are used on a like for like basis i.e. Adult for Adult, Child for Child or Senior Citizen for Senior Citizen this practice will be tolerated. Supporters should be aware however that with the new entry systems at the Amex Stadium we will be able to tell what sort of ticket you are holding and if an adult tries to access the stadium on a concession ticket it will be picked up and entry prevented.

Season Ticket holders will also have the right to renew their season tickets at the end of the season as normal. However in a situation where a supporter no longer wishes to renew it is important to understand that in this situation the ticket is not transferable. This is because, If the Club has sold all available season tickets we will create a waiting list and we want to be able to offer tickets that become available to the people at the top of the waiting list.

Some people might however like to be able to nominate who the ticket is passed on to – perhaps another member of the family for example, and to cater for this we have created a new product called a Private Seat Licence. These will be available for sale at the time you purchase your season tickets and they give you the right to right to transfer your ticket to whoever you choose provided of course they are acceptable to the Club i.e haven’t been banned or excluded.

Full details of Private Seat Licences are being sent out with confirmation of your booking for your visit to the Amex Stadium

•*1 adult & 1 child qualifies for family stand entry, but can another adult be included in this?

Yes

SEASON TICKETS - GENERAL

• How many tickets do you believe you can sell?

From the enquiries we have been receiving it appears that demand for season tickets is very high. The demand amongst Albion fans to watch football at the Amex stadium has been spectacularly demonstrated by the success of the 1901 Club. We believe we have a real chance of selling out the full season ticket allocation of approximately 15,800. That does leave a very small number of tickets that may be purchased on a match by match basis but these will be snapped up very quickly every game. The only way to guarantee your seat at the Amex Stadium is to purchase a season ticket.

• Any idea on how tickets sales projections before you reach Priority 4 applicants?

No- it will depend upon take up

• Are you going to be able to get all 5,000 or so STHs in for the Amex presentations? What happens if too many people apply for the presentations?

Yes – we will accommodate all of our season ticket holders at the specially installed marketing suite on site at the Amex Stadium

• Will 1901 members be able to buy additional season tickets in the other stands? If so, where on the priority list would they come?

Those 1901 members who are existing season ticket holders will be entitled to purchase 1+3 tickets

• As a non-1901 member, I've already decided where I want to sit. Can I apply for my ST now?

No if you are a season ticket holder, you must book for your presentation date and purchase then. If you are not a season ticket holder you must wait until after the season ticket presentations have been completed. Subject to availability you may be able to purchase then

MATCH TICKETS

• When do you plan to release pricing information for general ticket sales?

In the New Year

TRAVEL VOUCHERS

• P&R / public transport cost is not included in the ST cost - will it be included in the individual match ticket cost? If not, how would you go about buying a voucher for one game?

The P&R and or transport cost is not included in the ticket price. The Club will however be subsidising travel by public transport and selling books of vouchers that can be purchased for next season at the time you purchase your season ticket. Each game will be given a number and you simply use the voucher number for that game.

• Why is it not included?

The cost of match travel is high and if included within the match ticket the club has to pay VAT on it. By separating it out we avoid the cost of VAT and at £1 per game helps to offset the club’s running costs. The actual cost however is much higher than this so the Club is still subsidising the travel as part of its sustainable travel policy

• When you say 'it's subsidised by the club', how much will it be?

£25 for 25 tickets

• How will we be able to buy into the match travel voucher?

Individual vouchers will be available for people who buy individual match tickets.

• As they are now selling park and ride vouchers will OAP's be allowed to use their passes on these buses or will I have to buy them?

OAP’s don’t need travel vouchers if they travel on the bus because they travel free anyway with their bus pass.

STADIUM - GENERAL

• The planning consent for the Amex stadium specifies that there must be 2000 to 2200 car parking spaces provided within 1.5km of the stadium before it is brought into use. Is this number still achievable and, if so, where will the spaces be located?

The two locations for these spaces were Sussex University and Falmer High School. We are just finalising the agreements with Sussex University but these spaces have been allocated to the 1901 Club Members.

The arrangements have changed at Falmer High School because this is now an Academy and they are in the process of building a new school. But space will be come available on this site once construction is complete. We are in discussions with the City Council about this. However it does mean that when we open the stadium these spaces will not be available and the Club is in talks with other landowners locally for use of other sites as a temporary measure. Use of car parks within 1.5KM of the stadium will be charged for at a full day parking rate and supporters are strongly advised to use the Park and Rides or Public transport which is being subsidised by the Club.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Interesting questions and answers there. So the travel vouchers will be £25 for all 25 games? Thats sounds pretty good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Top work from the Roar boys :clap::clap:

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Can you ask Martin to confirm that he will be leaving the Club once the new stadium is open? He was brought to the Club on the promise of delivering a new stadium, NOT as a Chief Executive, which he's since been employed as on an ad-hoc basis. The workload at the Club does not warrant both Brown and Perry being on the payroll and taking substantial salaries.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
TRAVEL VOUCHERS

• P&R / public transport cost is not included in the ST cost - will it be included in the individual match ticket cost? If not, how would you go about buying a voucher for one game?

The P&R and or transport cost is not included in the ticket price. The Club will however be subsidising travel by public transport and selling books of vouchers that can be purchased for next season at the time you purchase your season ticket. Each game will be given a number and you simply use the voucher number for that game.

• Why is it not included?

The cost of match travel is high and if included within the match ticket the club has to pay VAT on it. By separating it out we avoid the cost of VAT and at £1 per game helps to offset the club’s running costs. The actual cost however is much higher than this so the Club is still subsidising the travel as part of its sustainable travel policy

Am I right in thinking it's gonna cost us £1 per game for park and ride and thus £23 for the whole season?! What about the train?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Am I right in thinking it's gonna cost us £1 per game for park and ride and thus £23 for the whole season?! What about the train?

In MP's reply, within the text you quoted, it says 'The Club will however be subsidising travel by public transport...'.

I take that to reading that it covers the train and buses.

It goes on to say that it will be '£25 for 25 tickets.'

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I think you've missed the point. I have very little interest in his employment record. I have a lot of interest in unnecessary staff on the Club payroll.

How on earth do you know that any new role for him would be unnecessary? Frankly given his work and dedication over the years, when many others would have given up, I hope he stays in another role as the club goes from success to success.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In MP's reply, within the text you quoted, it says 'The Club will however be subsidising travel by public transport...'.

I take that to reading that it covers the train and buses.

It goes on to say that it will be '£25 for 25 tickets.'

So £1 each :lolol: So they're not actually subsidising it - they're subsidising some of it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can you ask Martin to confirm that he will be leaving the Club once the new stadium is open? He was brought to the Club on the promise of delivering a new stadium, NOT as a Chief Executive, which he's since been employed as on an ad-hoc basis. The workload at the Club does not warrant both Brown and Perry being on the payroll and taking substantial salaries.

What a silly comment. 'Thanks for stadium Martin, now on ur way' - good job our club has morals unlike some people

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good stuff,

Didn't understand the below though

• Can a 9 year old STH add '+3' (their three friends) to their ST allocation?

No

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Haven't listened to the show in a long time, but just finished listening to the last show's podcast and really impressed with the show, chaps. The show flows very naturally; a great balance of banter and gravitas. A credit to you guys and a real asset for the club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So no-one asked my question regarding FCUM and Ken Brown's attitude to home fans standing

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Haven't listened to the show in a long time, but just finished listening to the last show's podcast and really impressed with the show, chaps. The show flows very naturally; a great balance of banter and gravitas. A credit to you guys and a real asset for the club.

:kiss:

Personally I hope everyone was IMPRESSED with my Maidstone Utd comment. Therefore I should be promoted to Priority 1 as it proves Im no JCL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here