Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - Christmas Eve

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Seeing as Ady is off to Wales and I am off to London for Christmas, plus Christmas Eve being the perfect opportunity to buy all the presents, we're recording this week's show tomorrow night (Thursday).

Our guest is Brighton fan and all-round good geezer - a fella who serves hot soup on motorway bridges while reminding us of the Lewes MP's solo activities - Albion director Derek Chapman. If you have any questions or comments for him, or any tales about him, let us know.

Tune in on Saturday at midday on 97.2FM or at RadioReverb | Community Radio | Brighton,UK: Home.

Failing that, listen in later at albionroar.co.uk or via the podcast on iTunes.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Additionally, for our New Year's Eve show, we're after your Albion Player of 2011.

You can choose someone who has been with us for half a year - or the whole of 2011. Let's be seeing them...

If we are honest then last season's fabulous League 1 championship performances must be taken into account but who will be brave or honest enough to vote for Murray (winces and waits for a good flaming) - or maybe Benno as Albion player of 2011?

It's a more difficult call given our form this season 'cos I don't think we have had one consistently good player throughout, not just on footballing form especially with the disruption from injuries and suspensions etc. For me Nooney shades for his play on the pitch (yes there is room for improvement) but also for his enthusiasm for the fans and club off it, both last season and this. Maybe Lewis Dunk will get a shout - for his form and rise from relative obscurity to become Premiership potential in such a short space of time? Maybe Buckley for his vital impact in his brief cameo appearances?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If we are honest then last season's fabulous League 1 championship performances must be taken into account but who will be brave or honest enough to vote for Murray (winces and waits for a good flaming) - or maybe Benno as Albion player of 2011?

It's a more difficult call given our form this season 'cos I don't think we have had one consistently good player throughout, not just on footballing form especially with the disruption from injuries and suspensions etc. For me Nooney shades for his play on the pitch (yes there is room for improvement) but also for his enthusiasm for the fans and club off it, both last season and this. Maybe Lewis Dunk will get a shout - for his form and rise from relative obscurity to become Premiership potential in such a short space of time? Maybe Buckley for his vital impact in his brief cameo appearances?

Cheers for that vote for.. um... er... someone. :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
One player was ever present in 2011 for the success we had in League 1 and then almighty start we had at the Amex in the Championship. Casper gets my vote. La la la la la la la laa

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
If the opinion of someone who lives in Austria and only sees a handful of games a season is worth anything, then I'd vote for Greer.

Happy Christmas to all at The Roar - keep up the good work in 2012!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Question:

Is it a myth or do the club have plans to light up the stadium arches eventually?

Player of 2011: Lewis Dunk (for his breakthrough to the first team and consistently decent performances.)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good interesting stuff from the boy Chapman and the Albion Roar elves, well worth a listen on stuff like 'Team Brighton ethic', heritage stones, pies and all the rest. Beats trolling round the shops on xmas Eve for sure. Nice one! :xmas:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here