Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 8 December

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
While Ady and I take in the delights of The Valley's Press Box tomorrow, why not tune into a show we recorded a week ago?

Former Albion big chap Guy Butters finally came in, four years after originally promising (actually, begging) to do so. Topics covered included his early days at Spurs, his move to Portsmouth, some of his time at the Albion, (it's weird when we've had long-standing Albion players in, we only ever get to 2004 within the first hour, so we didn't get as far as the injuries I sustained celebrating his goals at Leeds and West Ham) and his work with Albion In The Community.

Listen in at midday on 97.2FM in Brighton & Hove, or online at radioreverb.com or on TuneIn Radio. You can apparently also pick us up on Android. I just write what I'm told - I've no idea what that means, apart from you can listen en route to London, if you're going.

If you miss the show, it will be available as a podcast on iTunes.

Oh, and we've re-done our logo.

Last edited:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Is Ady ( or the other one ) aware that the latest podcasts seem to have been listed last in order recently in I tunes?

Might just be me, but it means it's not coming down automatically.

Good stuff btw. Cheers :cheers:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is Ady ( or the other one ) aware that the latest podcasts seem to have been listed last in order recently in I tunes?

Might just be me, but it means it's not coming down automatically.

Good stuff btw. Cheers :cheers:

We are in the process of taking everything in-house.

Jonny Harman, who started the show eight years ago, has left, and will be handing everything over to Ady (not the other one). We also intend to re-design the website, adding one or two extra features in the near-ish future.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
We are in the process of taking everything in-house.

Jonny Harman, who started the show eight years ago, has left, and will be handing everything over to Ady (not the other one). We also intend to re-design the website, adding one or two extra features in the near-ish future.

Top stuff.

Speaking of top stuff, are you ever going to get that foxy sounding lady on again? :guns:

She knows more than you two put together. :moo:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The podcast is available on the Double twist app on android phones.

I wasnt aware that the pos was coming up at the bottom still but we will get that sorted.

Guy was tremendous value & gave a real insight into what it was like as an apprentice as well as talking incredibly passionately about AITC.

well worth an hour of your time :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Listened to this today, as it happens - another top, top show.

Likewise...the podcast on itunes didnt seem to be available earlier in the week...maybe just me...really enjoyed listening to Butters (great timing as no mention was made of the ..erm match the week b4)

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
How many times did Guy say the phrase 'breaking down barriers' ??
Was he on a bet with Charlie or something?!

Great Podcast. Loved the story about the Play-off winners going to a rave that night!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here