Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion posts losses of £14.7m

D

Deleted member 22389

The only way clubs are going to meet FFP is to have a cap on wages, I know it will never happen but it's the only way to make them a more sustainable business.

Like I have said before, I don't know any other business that generates so much income yet can get in to so much debt.
Players wages and transfer fees will have to eventually be reigned in. It is absolutely ridicolous all this.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I await for El Pres' expert opinion but I don't think you can do that very much in company accounts - it has to show what you spent in that specific trading period.

You could be right. Just seems a huge jump in losses, with PB previously claiming we were on-track for FFP.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Worth reading the peice on the official site, adds a bit more to the story

There was also a slight increase in administrative and operational costs from £16m to £17.2m, but this figure includes a number of one-off exceptional costs, mainly as the result of a staff redundancy programme, and also the club taking the opportunity to absorb some other one-off operationalcosts before FFP sanctions are imposed.

PG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"There was also a slight increase in ticketing, commercial and retail sales with a boost from £13.8m to £14.3m. "

Following the expansion, the average attendence went from 20,029 in 2011/12 to 26,236 in 2012/13 (a 23% increase), yet this only equated to an extra £500k in ticket sales, an increase of 3.5% ?? Even less than that if they're lumping commercial and retail sales in with that figure.

Doesn't seem to add up, unless I'm missing something.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Things like the electric advertising boards were put in sooner than needed to try and get those costs out the way before FFP took hold.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"There was also a slight increase in ticketing, commercial and retail sales with a boost from £13.8m to £14.3m. "

Following the expansion, the average attendence went from 20,029 in 2011/12 to 26,236 in 2012/13 (a 23% increase), yet this only equated to an extra £500k in ticket sales, an increase of 3.5% ?? Even less than that if they're lumping commercial and retail sales in with that figure.

Doesn't seem to add up, unless I'm missing something.

Indeed, compounded by the fact that ST prices went up as well. And we had the Newcastle (same as year before admittedly) and Arsenal Cup games.

PG

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You could be right. Just seems a huge jump in losses, with PB previously claiming we were on-track for FFP.

In fact, having read the club website it would appear that all front load items are included in the £1.2m increase in admin costs - this also includes the costs of redundancy. I'd suggest your second option regards our status is closer to the truth than most of us would care to admit.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Where's El Pres?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Let's just eat more pies?

I would buy a pie and a pint at half time if I could actually get served and realistically consume the goods in the 15 min break. Service is so slow I don't bother. Must be 1000's like me per game, so how much revenue on that alone are we losing?!

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Wow! Front-loading costs I hope so that we meet FFP when it matters.

We cant really moan about other clubs and FFP as we hardly setting a positive example. I am sure though most clubs make worse losses than us and only a handfull that make smaller losses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here