Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adkins diet

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Nigel Adkins is in Brighton on Saturday to promote the Adkins Diet, his revolutionary new diet of poorly-timed, disrespectful, wildly optimistic seasonal outpourings which are a sure-fire winner for all fans. Of other clubs.

"It's a clever points based system," said Nige. "Every time I open my mouth I simply say what I like and the points just fall off. Just look at what I've achieved. We're sitting pretty with 16 points fewer than Brighton, who look bloated and over-indulged with a whopping 93. I think the efficacy of my diet of constant bollocks has really shown it works this season."

Asked if the diet allowed him to say pretty much whatever he likes or if some things are forbidden, he added, "I tend to stay away from proper respect for the best team in the division. I just find it indigestible."

If you're interested, take a look at a typical Adkins diet dinner:

Starter: Sour grapes
Main course: Humble pie with hard cheese
Sweet: Certainly not!

To drink: Bitter lemon

To be consumed without regard for who's actually demonstrably the best team in the division. The Adkins diet - coming to Withdean this weekend.

(I make no apologies for reproducing a blog entry here on this occasion, because Nigel Adkins - you're going to get a very, very warm welcome to Withdean on Saturday. Hope you're looking forward to it!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here