Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Underwhelmed

A good crosser of the ball, Clayton, noted that, but David Lopez and Orlandi looked as good (if not better) at crossing in the games against Huddersfield.

Futball rate him low (55) for crossing:

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/5662/adam-clayton/compare/14-1014/14-2399/

There does not seem anything special about Adam Clayton at all. It is not as though Huddersfield have excelled against us.

Reserve defensive midfielder seems his bag? Only thing Futball rates him at is mental aggression.

Last edited:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Better than Crofts and JFC, and ahead of Stephens on the depth chart I reckon when we looked in January.

Better than Crofts? Really!?? And I think long term JFC will be a far better player than Clayton, so he should continue to be given the opportunity off the bench and the odd start this season.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good.

No paper trail...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If anyone spots our Mr Bloom walking down to Lloyds tommorrow in Brighton with two large black bin bags, keep an eye on him !!! :D

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Better than Crofts? Really!?? And I think long term JFC will be a far better player than Clayton, so he should continue to be given the opportunity off the bench and the odd start this season.

I personally don't rate Crofts that highly, yes he works hard and did well to support the front men earlier this season to get his goals but he's not the answer in midfield imo.

Take away his goals and I found him to be pretty anonymous in most games. Great to have in the squad though.

My opinion of course and will probably get flamed for it.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I personally don't rate Crofts that highly, yes he works hard and did well to support the front men earlier this season to get his goals but he's not the answer in midfield imo.

Take away his goals and I found him to be pretty anonymous in most games. Great to have in the squad though.

No you're right, Crofts is a good squad player - not sure we need Clayton tbh

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Crofts will be off next season, one of the last heavy earners, that we can get better for less money

I would be delighted with Clayton, also a good leader.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I think we have found who we are looking for several times, the problem is, that it isn't US that THEY are looking for . . . if you catch my drift.

I'd would suggest waiting and picking someone up in the mid season transfer window, but I reckon that all will be quiet on New Year's Day.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

I agree good post. I'd play Stephens, kemy or jfc ahead of crofts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here