Jul 7, 2003
Forest, Bournemouth, Leeds

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Bournemouth
Leeds
Forest
Looking most likely I'd say. Forest are woeful, Bournemouth a close second - just a shame they didn't appt the caretaker FT when results were good. Leeds clueless, will depend on who the new manager is and how long Jessie is given to destroy them.

Dec 29, 2011
Confidence is low? Did you see how we tried to take the game to City? Sorry, that is absolute bollocks. I think the players have bought into De Zerbi ball very quickly. Shame we haven’t had the breaks all PL teams outside City need

All about opinions I totally accept
Yes, all about opinions because I thought we were poor against City, minus that twenty minute spell in the second half. It was a reversion to Hughton-ball rather than Potter-ball.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The comments from Marsch in his press conference wouldn't give me a lot of confidence if I were a Leeds fan. He's already on to the 'what ifs' that relegated fans look back on at the end of the season. He hints at player blaming and doesn't seem to have twigged what the problem is. They are top of the stats lists for tackles per game, interceptions and fouls. If you watch them, they start every match massively pumped up, chasing absolutely everything and relentlessly squeezing space whether they need to or not. After about half an hour, they're all knackered and the other team picks them off. If he continues with the tactic, as the season goes on, it's just going to get worse.

"If we go game to game and you look at the fact we haven’t won in eight games based on how we’ve performed over the eight games, it’s almost impossible to believe that two points is all that we’ve earned.

But that’s our reality right, in those eight games and all the phases in those games? What if Luis (Sinisterra) scores at Brighton on the two-inch line and it doesn’t go wide?

What if we score the penalty against Arsenal? What if - you can go through what ifs, but it doesn’t matter, right? You could still look at the metrics and you could look at different things and you could say, we’re actually doing OK, which I believe. But in the end again, right now, if we continue losing matches, then everything in the entire project is in jeopardy. We’ve got to figure out a way to stop that.

I’m a little angry right now. I’m tired of playing matches where we’re in the match and in many cases we’re better than the opponent and walking away with nothing. I’m tired of not capitalising on moments when we’re the better team and I’m tired of giving away goals too cheaply, tired of not getting results we should be getting.

Fourteen years as a player, 13 years a coach and I’ve never lost this much in my career. I’m sick of it. So I’m trying to figure out which guys can be counted on at the highest level right now, what kind of decisions need to be made in terms of match plans. I need to help find the group confidence and find the guys who are ready to fight for everything right now in these next matches, to do everything we can to get the points we need."

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The comments from Marsch in his press conference wouldn't give me a lot of confidence if I were a Leeds fan. He's already on to the 'what ifs' that relegated fans look back on at the end of the season. He hints at player blaming and doesn't seem to have twigged what the problem is. They are top of the stats lists for tackles per game, interceptions and fouls. If you watch them, they start every match massively pumped up, chasing absolutely everything and relentlessly squeezing space whether they need to or not. After about half an hour, they're all knackered and the other team picks them off. If he continues with the tactic, as the season goes on, it's just going to get worse.

"If we go game to game and you look at the fact we haven’t won in eight games based on how we’ve performed over the eight games, it’s almost impossible to believe that two points is all that we’ve earned.

But that’s our reality right, in those eight games and all the phases in those games? What if Luis (Sinisterra) scores at Brighton on the two-inch line and it doesn’t go wide?

What if we score the penalty against Arsenal? What if - you can go through what ifs, but it doesn’t matter, right? You could still look at the metrics and you could look at different things and you could say, we’re actually doing OK, which I believe. But in the end again, right now, if we continue losing matches, then everything in the entire project is in jeopardy. We’ve got to figure out a way to stop that.

I’m a little angry right now. I’m tired of playing matches where we’re in the match and in many cases we’re better than the opponent and walking away with nothing. I’m tired of not capitalising on moments when we’re the better team and I’m tired of giving away goals too cheaply, tired of not getting results we should be getting.

Fourteen years as a player, 13 years a coach and I’ve never lost this much in my career. I’m sick of it. So I’m trying to figure out which guys can be counted on at the highest level right now, what kind of decisions need to be made in terms of match plans. I need to help find the group confidence and find the guys who are ready to fight for everything right now in these next matches, to do everything we can to get the points we need."
Yup, words of a man who is gone.

When coaches start throwing their own players under the bus, there end is near.

Maybe 1 in 10 different personalities gets motivated from hearing "you're shit" or "I cant count on you". The other will feel he is just deflecting blame and trying to get the board/fans on his side... against the players. Most of them are going to feel "I can't wait until that fucker is gone" and that is pretty much the definition of losing the dressing room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here