Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2019 semi-final starting XI

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apart from Lewis Dunk, which players from 2019 would make your starting XI in 2023?

1 Mathew Ryan

22 Martin Montoya
4 Shane Duffy
5 Lewis Dunk (C)
30 Bernardo

6 Dale Stephens
24 Davy Propper
8 Yves Bissouma
11 Anthony Knockaert
16 Alireza Jahanbakhsh

17 Glenn Murray

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Apart from Lewis Dunk, which players from 2019 would make your starting XI in 2023?

1 Mathew Ryan

22 Martin Montoya
4 Shane Duffy
5 Lewis Dunk (C)
30 Bernardo

6 Dale Stephens
24 Davy Propper
8 Yves Bissouma
11 Anthony Knockaert
16 Alireza Jahanbakhsh

17 Glenn Murray
Duck egg.

Bissouma, Murray and possibly Knockers on the bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Criminal that Big Jurg didn't start.
We wouldn't even have been there without his virtuoso performance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've heard they were all great, just held back by successive managers.

But if we switch over to reality where they were not all great, Yves Bissouma is obviously the only one who would compete for a starting position in the current team. If we speak only about today, maybe Bernardo would have had a chance since there's only one left back in the squad.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If your meaning that player from that day as opposed to them now it would be
Dunk
Murray, but then even he admitted on TV today that Ferguson is class.
I think Bissouma wasn't quite up to his now high standard.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I've heard they were all great, just held back by successive managers.

But if we switch over to reality where they were not all great, Yves Bissouma is obviously the only one who would compete for a starting position in the current team. If we speak only about today, maybe Bernardo would have had a chance since there's only one left back in the squad.
Glenn Murray? Obviously 2019 Glenn Murray who scored 13 Premier League goals for a team that did not score many.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Glenn Murray? Obviously 2019 Glenn Murray who scored 13 Premier League goals for a team that did not score many.
Glenn Murray was a fine striker. Not seen as much of him as all of you have, but I think he thrived being a counter-attack striker where he could use his ability to find the right positions in somewhat open penalty areas. To be efficient under GP and De Zerbi he'd have to operate on smaller spaces, doing some intricate one-twos with Solly and Mitoma and similar... and I'm not quite sure it would have suited him.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Glenn Murray was a fine striker. Not seen as much of him as all of you have, but I think he thrived being a counter-attack striker where he could use his ability to find the right positions in somewhat open penalty areas. To be efficient under GP and De Zerbi he'd have to operate on smaller spaces, doing some intricate one-twos with Solly and Mitoma and similar... and I'm not quite sure it would have suited him.
He was great under Poyet which was possession football (admittedly League One). He was great when we came second in the Championship, and we were not a counter attack team then. I think with the service that Mitoma and March provide from the wings he’d score a fair few.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He was great under Poyet which was possession football (admittedly League One). He was great when we came second in the Championship, and we were not a counter attack team then. I think with the service that Mitoma and March provide from the wings he’d score a fair few.
Quite possible. As I said - haven't seen anywhere near as much of him as all of you, and just speculating based on the little I've seen from him.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Glenn would start and score goals in this team. Pröpper would have been good under RDZ and Bernardo as back up LB would have had minutes. Bissouma of course would add a lot.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Glenn. He was a goal scorer and a half. Just when you needed something, he conjure it.

Attachments

• 851762FD-2762-46D0-873E-C86BCB436D23.gif
    851762FD-2762-46D0-873E-C86BCB436D23.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 48

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
None, but Bissouma, Montoya and Murray make the bench

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here