Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The 2017 Budget *** Official Matchday thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Everything IS marvellous about our economy and will apparently get even better! ..... For the usual few.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The top 1% of income tax payers pay 27% of the total income tax collected. That seems fair.

All, that tells you is that the top 1% earn an extraordinary amount compared to most of us
You think they have genuinely earnt all that though hard work and dedication?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The top 1% of income tax payers pay 27% of the total income tax collected. That seems fair.
Far from "fair" - it is a hideous statistic.

It would be much fairer if the top 1% paid no more than about 3% of the total income tax collected.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The wages of the lowest paid grew faster in the last year than any of the previous 20 years. That seem quite good too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Listening to the budget I can't help but notice that even the most bland and innocuous Tory MP is unable to refrain from smug arrogance despite every indicator of decline.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
charge/earn more, flexible hours are the obvious answers.

Flexible hours is not something that is the preserve of the self-employed. Try employing female staff with young children - you're basically agreeing to flexible hours dependent upon child sickness, child care availability.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Listening to the budget I can't help but notice that even the most bland and innocuous Tory MP is unable to refrain from smug arrogance despite every indicator of decline.

These are the sounds of a complacent Tory party and a Labour Party on its knees. Once again, the House sounds like a rowdy public school debating society rather than a chamber of government.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Oh great. Education policy goes back to the 1950s.

Personal knowledge of how the "Free School" in Eastbourne, and the "Grammar School" system in Kent, actually work tells me all I need to know to confirm that this is same old Tory bollocks.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Tricky Treesa getting red faced at PMQS, is she unable to tell the truth?

Unlike her predecessor, she's not very good at PMQ's. Wavers between flustered and unnecessarily vindictive.

Unfortunately though Corbyn isn't good enough to take advantage. I'd love to see Angus Robertson get 6 questions at her a week. He normally makes her look pretty silly in 2.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
£70bn of tax cuts over the next 5 years for those who need them the least.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
C55h8gLXEAAG-ga.jpg
The wages of the lowest paid grew faster in the last year than any of the previous 20 years. That seem quite good too.

Not so good over last 8 years and not at ALL good compared to other advanced countries. We are the ONLY advanced economy where GDP increase is matched with real wage decrease since the bankers crashed the economy.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well 2% extra NI by 2019, same as income tax up 2% really. About £700 a year for a £45k earner, £300 a year for a £25k earner. Hammond needs to build the Brexit slush fund incase the £350m / week doesn't come off!!!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
And everything I am reading in this budget says this trend will continue. it is intentional policy

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
View attachment 82704

Not so good over last 8 years and not at ALL good compared to other advanced countries. We are the ONLY advanced economy where GDP increase is matched with real wage decrease since the bankers crashed the economy.

And now there's higher tax, fuel and food prices. A sting in the tail

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here