Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 1901 to Falmer- An affordable opportunity for many.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Oh Ok. Are you buying in then.

Nope. I'm not the owner of our business, just a Director. If it was my money I'd buy two for five years, purely so I could enjoy it, but we do business on a national basis and rarely get anything local. I can't see how we'd get any benefit. It's ideal for companies that have substantial local clients. I emailed the club a list of contacts who I thought might be interested. It's ideal for local business services companies like solicitors, accountants etc.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I cant see the attraction of eating a meal at a football match tbh. Rather watch the match and get something inevitably of way more quality somewhere else after.

Quite. It's about getting chips on the way home, mind you - there's not much to eat around there. The chippy at the bottom of Coldean Lane is not good.

I've only ever watched one match from a hospitality suite and that was at the Mad when we beat Reading 2-1. Even though we left the box for seats in the stands, there was cock-all in the way of atmosphere and I was desperately wishing I was in the Albion end. I vowed never to watch football that way again.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Quite.
I get to watch Villa and Blues a few times during a season, each from "hospitality" and it really is the most desultory experience with no semblence of atmosphere. Even when you go outside it somehow lacks the sense of "being there" that you get on the terraces.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cant see the attraction of eating a meal at a football match tbh. Rather watch the match and get something inevitably of way more quality somewhere else after.

I tend to agree with this.

My post was a reaction to HB&B's 'look at this, look at me, I've bought into this' blog. He bigs himself up, but when you scratch beneath the surface he's not walking-the-talk. He's the kind of person who would live in Portslade but tell people he lives in Hove.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Missed it I think, the office kept bloody calling me. I do remember the tour guide saying that he was a scoomber and to watch what you were saying.

Were you the other one who admitted to being a fan? My colleague and I put our hands up. Not many out of that group seemed at all interested in the football. It does make you wonder who these 2000 people will be and exactly what interest they will have in the games they are watching. I doubt they'll be many people in that block for the Johnson Paint.

I reckon of those who have bought so far about half are current season ticket holders, and another half are the new corporate bods who perhaps have previously been to the Albion but not exactly regulars.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know someone who has bought FOUR platinum tickets, who has never attended a match at Withdean. In fact I am fairly sure that the last two Albion games he's paid to see, are the Play Off final at Cardiff, and the '83 Cup Final replay.

D

Deleted User X18H

I know someone who has bought FOUR platinum tickets, who has never attended a match at Withdean. In fact I am fairly sure that the last two Albion games he's paid to see, are the Play Off final at Cardiff, and the '83 Cup Final replay.

Is it your Dad?

Is it because Mark Ormerod used to live at your house?

Last edited:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

The more the merrier. Be great to think his seats will be used on a regular basis. What do you think?

Stumpy Tim

That bodes well for the club. Getting back the old floating supporters is vital once we're at Falmer

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The more the merrier. Be great to think his seats will be used on a regular basis. What do you think?

They will be. He [my old man] and his business partner have a pair each, and will invite local clients, and business associates. When one or the other has no-one to invite, I might use them, just to try it out - although I'll have three ST in the family area anyway.

And they'll definitely get used for JPT etc, if he's not using them - as my normal STs won't include cup matches, but those will...

They won't go to waste.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That bodes well for the club. Getting back the old floating supporters is vital once we're at Falmer
Absolutely. I'd be worried if the only people who'd bought the boxes, platinums, golds, whatever were the same ones who went to Withdean week in week out. We need the new fans, lapsed fans, 'other team' fans and those who are just there for a jolly. The more the merrier.

It might mean of course that that area may not be the best bit of the ground for atmosphere, but then neither was the old West Stand at the Goldstone.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It does bode very well. More so in fact, as neither my Dad, or his business partner are really Albion fans at all [yet]. My Dad likes football generally, and has always held an interest in the Albion as my Mum has been a STH for ten years or more, and of course me and my boys too.

He's probably [half-]watched most home games over the last couple of seasons from his study, which overlooks the whole Withdean pitch. He became properly interested when he saw the quality of players Gus was recruiting - Calderon in particular.

They were invited for a 1901 presentation, and really only went along out of proffessional curiosity [they are in the building trade], but were so blown away by the quality of what is on offer, that they signed up there and then.

D

Deleted User X18H

They will be. He [my old man] and his business partner have a pair each, and will invite local clients, and business associates. When one or the other has no-one to invite, I might use them, just to try it out - although I'll have three ST in the family area anyway.

And they'll definitely get used for JPT etc, if he's not using them - as my normal STs won't include cup matches, but those will...

They won't go to waste.

You don't play JTP in the Championship!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Absolutely. I'd be worried if the only people who'd bought the boxes, platinums, golds, whatever were the same ones who went to Withdean week in week out. We need the new fans, lapsed fans, 'other team' fans and those who are just there for a jolly. The more the merrier.

It might mean of course that that area may not be the best bit of the ground for atmosphere, but then neither was the old West Stand at the Goldstone.

I used to be in the old West stand at the Goldstone and I would just be happy if the atmosphere was similar to that in the seats I have bought for the Amex. The west stand was never the noisiest but due to it always being pretty full it had it's own buzz and feel to it. Lets just hope HKFC's father and others get their bums on those seats - I am quietly confident.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You don't play JTP in the Championship!

I'm aware of that Timothy, but we are not there yet.

Anyway, once we are a massive club looking down on the little clubs, we will view the League Cup in the same sneery way as some view the JPT now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it your Dad?

Is it because Mark Ormerod used to live at your house?

Who used to live in your house, this is an interesting topic. I recently found out that a Sweet Fan Club was once run by a lady who lived in my house.

They were called "'Tribute To Brian Connolly - The International Tribute Club"

That's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here