Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The 151st Open Championship - Royal Liverpool, Hoylake

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Golfers with their white foreheads make me laugh.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I had forgotten just how awful a commentator Ewen Murray is. Plus with all the silly shouting going on, this is best viewed with the sound muted.
He's no Paul McGinley.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Harman gets a steadier birdie to extend his lead to 4 shots.

What promised to be a thrilling day's gold and cricket looks like petering out on both fronts.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Boring. I'm baling out.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The lack of Tiger and a pretty average course has meant this has been possibly the worst British Open in recent memory. Rory was the only hope for golf.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Pleased to see Jason Day doing well.

Probably the only active Australian sportsman that I don't want to see fail abysmally.

Edit ... apart from Matt Ryan

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just 30 posts in this thread, has golf lost its lure? I recall far more interest in British Open’s past.

BBC’s Mark Chapman got it spectacularly wrong, yesterday. Going on and on about Tommy Fleetwood being involved in a final 36 hole shootout, he was so confident of that.

If there’s one sport that’s incredibly hard to predict, it’s stroke play golf on a majors course.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just 30 posts in this thread, has golf lost its lure? I recall far more interest in British Open’s past.

BBC’s Mark Chapman got it spectacularly wrong, yesterday. Going on and on about Tommy Fleetwood being involved in a final 36 hole shootout, he was so confident of that.

If there’s one sport that’s incredibly hard to predict, it’s stroke play golf on a majors course.
It only being available live on Sky doesn't help.

Plus, in Crodo style, it's not been the same since Harry Vardon retired. :rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Did it have a lure?

I love hacking round a par 3 now and again with my mates and am a fairly regular footgolf player but I can’t think of anything duller than watching it. Almost the only time is late at night with a whisky if I have an urgent need to sleep.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did it have a lure?

I love hacking round a par 3 now and again with my mates and am a fairly regular footgolf player but I can’t think of anything duller than watching it. Almost the only time is late at night with a whisky if I have an urgent need to sleep.

I only tried golf as a kid at hellish Seaford Head, I was rubbish.

But TV golf …. I used to love the majors …. Watson/Nicklaus, Ballesteros, Faldo, Harrington, the wonderfully emotional Darren Clarke win. Peter Alliss was a god.

It went downhill partly when the BBC (radio coverage and highlights) dumbed down allowing Chris Evans to stick his look at me nose into their work, WTF.

The skill level is amazing, imho it was a great watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here