Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The 151st Open Championship - Royal Liverpool, Hoylake

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The course is looking magnificent, the weather this morning benign, what a fantastic day ahead.

Who will follow in the footsteps of Walter Hagen, Bobby Jones, Peter Thomson, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A 20 minute drive from me. I would imagine it is a beautiful course. We frequently walk past when walking the dog on the adjacent beach. It’s in Merseyside though Atherton ! Used to be Cheshire but never Lancashire.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The giant South African amateur, Christo Lamprecht, leads The Open carding a quite remarkable 5 under par 66.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Never the same without Tiger there, but the show must go on even if his lack of presence casts a huge shadow over the tournament. Conditions should provide a true test, I don't fancy Rory I'm afraid, he's mentally shot at closing out Major's after his many near misses. I like Brooks personally, would love to see him win it, a class act.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I can see the marquees from my garden!

Attachments

• IMG_9550.jpeg
    IMG_9550.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England's Tommy Fleetwood matches the young South African with a superb 66... joint leaders on 5 under.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Brian Harman cards a stunning 6 under par 65, to lead in the clubhouse at 10 under :clap2:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Viewing figures considerably down in the absence of Tiger, feels all very subdued.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a couple of roundis from Harman. Tommy could do with a birdie before the close though.

Edit - virtually no,one was birdying any of the back 9 tonight. I think Harman's had the best of the conditions. Tommy has holed 3 gutsy putts just to make a par round.

Last edited:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Never the same without Tiger there, but the show must go on even if his lack of presence casts a huge shadow over the tournament. Conditions should provide a true test, I don't fancy Rory I'm afraid, he's mentally shot at closing out Major's after his many near misses. I like Brooks personally, would love to see him win it, a class act.
Of course it is , the Open is now on its 151 tournament, its bigger than any one golfer , no matter how good he is ,
it was fantastic when I first started watching back in the 70s , and still is

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Of course it is , the Open is now on its 151 tournament, its bigger than any one golfer , no matter how good he is ,

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You can say that again.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Truly gutted for Rory, just couldn't make it happen. I think all of us Brits and the wider golfing family will be of the mindset if it's not Tiger it should be Rory. So many heartaches, he didn't speak to the media after his round yesterday such was his devastation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here