Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The 100 Best Male Footballers 2023

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just one Brighton player on the list this year, as there was in 2022. No prizes for guessing who maade it this time around.

Last year's Brighton entry, Ally Mac has dropped from 47 to 59. Moises, unsurprisingly, nowhere to be seen. Former USG goal getter Victor Boniface pops up at 64.

Top 10 still to be announced.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just one Brighton player on the list this year, as there was in 2022. No prizes for guessing who maade it this time around.
Well, I wouldn't have won a prize as I guessed wrong. You make it sound like it's an obvious choice

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Where’s Lewis Dunk?

Forever underrated.

I would go so far to say, when considering their abilities in relation to their positions, Dunk is a better player than Mitoma.

He even has a far better passing range than Mitoma.

Mitoma is quality, probably even world class, but Dunk is one of the best central defenders in the world right now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Last year's Brighton entry, Ally Mac has dropped from 47 to 59. Moises, unsurprisingly, nowhere to be seen. Former USG goal getter Victor Boniface pops up at 64.

Top 10 still to be announced.

'Top 10 still to be announced'

Groß
Dunk
Veltman
Hinshelwood
March
Steele
Estupinan
Van Hecke
Lallana
Enciso

:thumbsup:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well, I wouldn't have won a prize as I guessed wrong. You make it sound like it's an obvious choice

Ask most random fans about Brighton's standout player and you'd get 1 of 2 answers. The more in the know might go for Dunk but the rest would pick Mitoma. The very ITK might go Pervis, I suppose.

The Guardian award is voted for by journalists from around the world as well as a few players and coaches, with each picking their top 40 (points are awarded based on order).

No surprise that Kaoru is the one that gets in. A lot of them will be basing it on highlights.

Dec 29, 2011
Gross and Dunk are probably are most important players right now but, as Caicedo has shown, sometimes a good player in one team wont be as effective in another team. I think Gross (and to a lesser extent Dunk) would also suffer from this, while I imagine Mitoma would largely remains as effective for another team as he does for us. This is largely down to the fact Mitomas strengths mostly lie in his individual abilities while Dunk and Gross help improve the players around them.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As an all rounder at the highest level, I'm suprised Gross didn't make the lower ranks

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As an all rounder at the highest level, I'm suprised Gross didn't make the lower ranks
I refer you to post #6 – saving the best until last!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Forever underrated.

I would go so far to say, when considering their abilities in relation to their positions, Dunk is a better player than Mitoma.

He even has a far better passing range than Mitoma.

Mitoma is quality, probably even world class, but Dunk is one of the best central defenders in the world right now.
Dunk is our best player IMO. Most consistently at a very high standard, week in, week out, against some top opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here