Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

thats why we need Action replays!

5eagull5

Nov 26, 2005
I was at the match yesterday and felt truly robbed of a true football match. The refs outrageous decisions changed the matches out come. Reading didn’t play well enough to warrant 2 goals let alone 5 !!!!

I now feel that the refs poor ability to make right decision in vital places, such as in the box and sending a player off. Is a key piece of evidence that the 4th official should be able to turn to action replays to make the final vital verdict!

The destiny/ outcome off the match was drastically change within the space of 5 minuets when the ref sent a play of and gave a penalty, both of witch were the wrong decisions as anyone could see on the “the championship” this morning!

Bring in the ability of action replays; the technology is there, so why not use it!
:flameboun :albion:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
goal line decisions for action replays ONLY! everything else should be upto the Ref and his assistants.

5eagull5

Nov 26, 2005
I think any match changing decisions, goal mouth, box and red cards. too many wrong decisions have created the wrong outcome of a match!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
5eagull5 said:
I think any match changing decisions, goal mouth, box and red cards. too many wrong decisions have created the wrong outcome of a match!

...and have done since the dawn of the game, technology can ruin games aswell as help them. In the fast pace scenrios of fussball then you need to let the game flow, stopping it even for red cards is just plain wrong.

5eagull5

Nov 26, 2005
wrong decisions is just plain wrong. i feel somthing need to be done. with out ruining the beautiful game

1066gull

Coppell on Radio Berks: "I felt very pleased the way the team, Kits and the ref perfomed today"

:glare:

5eagull5

Nov 26, 2005
why not make the ref a puppet! and have a ref on the side line with action replays talking to the ref on the pitch. only used when need. or just get good refs unlike yeterdays ref that was the missing link between the evoltion of ape to man:jester: :O

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
5eagull5 said:
Reading didn’t play well enough to warrant 2 goals let alone 5 !!!!

You reckon, do you? Are you sure you were there?

The referee was a homer, no doubt, but Reading destroyed us, Convey and Little especially. Mr Taylor had no real influence on the result.

5eagull5

Nov 26, 2005
Re: Re: thats why we need Action replays!

Repugnant Toad said:
You reckon, do you? Are you sure you were there?

The referee was a homer, no doubt, but Reading destroyed us, Convey and Little especially. Mr Taylor had no real influence on the result.

we had an unlucky og and then a penalty and a man sent off i would say thats a disavantige.and an extra man makes a diffrence!???

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Funny enough we were talking about this in the pub Friday night. I am against any technology that means you have to stop the game. If the ball is dead then that is differnt situation.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I was under the impression it was Oatway, not the referee, who scored the own goal. Although it's all ifs and buts, even with eleven, I can't see that the result would have been any difference - Reading were urinating all over us from a grand height.

5eagull5

Nov 26, 2005
reading went all that they had an extra man and their goals looks like a the sort of thing u exerpt to see a and under tens football match. not saying we would have won but not 5 goals no way!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think that TV technology could have been used yesterday to determine the second yellow card or the penalty but if they could would have proved the referee was technically correct perhaps a little harsh but nonethe less correct in his decisions.

5eagull5

Nov 26, 2005
BensGrandad said:
I dont think that TV technology could have been used yesterday to determine the second yellow card or the penalty but if they could would have proved the referee was technically correct perhaps a little harsh but nonethe less correct in his decisions.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :nono: :nono: :nono: :glare: :glare:

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
The problem is that, although Reading were clearly better than us yesterday, they weren't (on first half evidence, anyway) four goals better. And with the Albion's customary last-day-of-the-season brinkmanship, a combination of MM not substituting him when he was clearly off the pace, a twitchy ref and Kitson's old pro's antics, made it pretty certain Elphick would get a second yellow at some point - and that could prove to be a disaster by the end of April.
I think the two yellow cards rule is too inflexible and ruins too many games. Bring on sin bins and perhaps reduce the number of yellows you can accumulate before being suspended for future games...?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
action replays are used in rubgy when the ref isnt sure, i feel that with the world cup next year it would be a great place to introduce replays (video ref)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here