Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That's the worst ref so farn this season

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Worst ref this season. I never comment on referees but there were some shocking decisions.

1. Caicedo should have been off for second yellow challenge
2. Never a penalty for them
3. Farcical end to game with the Colwill 'handball' not handball, but should therefore have been a corner to us, why did he hand the ball to Sanchez?.

Chelsea a very weak side and on the brighter side will look forward to 3 points at the Amex in return fixture

UTA

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The answer to 3 is (I presume) that the ref has blown for the pen before it goes out for a corner. It's therefore dead but no idea why it's drop ball to Sanchez
Nobody saw him give the penalty. We were lining up for the corner when he went to the screen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally think their penalty was fair enough. Milner never gets anywhere near the ball, and catches his foot. How can it not be a foul?

Agree Caicedo lucky to stay on, and the late VAR thing was a farce.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The answer to 3 is (I presume) that the ref has blown for the pen before it goes out for a corner. It's therefore dead but no idea why it's drop ball to Sanchez
After seeing it again, Pawson gave a penalty. He is then sent to the screen and over turns it. The laws of the game state this then becomes an uncontested drop ball.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
That's ridiculous. Their penalty was clear as day. Caicedos challenge was a foul, but not all fouls are yellows. Meanwhile he gave a huge amount of fouls in our favour.
oh no, Caicedo should have been off for that challenge alone if Dahoud's and Rashford's are anything to go by, but decided not to blow.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Personally think their penalty was fair enough. Milner never gets anywhere near the ball, and catches his foot. How can it not be a foul?

But given the amount of neutrals who don't think it was, it is another one that should be nowhere near the threshold of overturning a decision.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

My issue with it is that Milner should have been sent off as he made no attempt toward the ball

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here