Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That's it then

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Norwich have to win tomorrow night to keep their very very faint play-off challenge healthy.

Pritchard winner anyone? :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still think we have work to do but have really turned the screw on Huddersfield now, they really cannot afford to lose a game now.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My fears and paranoia about us not making it have been replaced by a despondent feeling that it will happen as a result of events that none of us will be attending. I.e the matches on the day immediately after our visit to Norwich.

Back when we beat Birmingham away I reckoned on promotion at Wolves. Don't think that will happen now - but there's every chance it could happen at Norwich.

Win two out of the next three, then a win at Norwich will see us on 92 points - Huddersfield have got some less than easy games in the next four and their confidence must be shot now, and I can see them losing at least one of them. Then we'll be virtually impossible to catch - so it won't matter what happens the day after!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Got a feeling Huddersfield will drop more points against Norwich tomorrow ,who are still in the play off chase.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Back when we beat Birmingham away I reckoned on promotion at Wolves. Don't think that will happen now - but there's every chance it could happen at Norwich.

Win two out of the next three, then a win at Norwich will see us on 92 points - Huddersfield have got some less than easy games in the next four and their confidence must be shot now, and I can see them losing at least one of them. Then we'll be virtually impossible to catch - so it won't matter what happens the day after!

Bristol City at home in front of 30,000 Men (and Ladies) of Sussex would be nice.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Far be it from me to advise Huddersfield Town FC, but they would be better served throttling off and focusing on promotion via the play-offs now. If they go balls out trying to close the gap to 2nd and fall short they will suffer the same physical and psychological damage that we did last year and miss out altogether.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I don't think it could mathematically happen at Wolverhampton now. Although there is a scenario that would mean Huddersfield Town could only match our points total if we lost all our remaining matches. Then, of course, there is the small matter of goal difference. It would be a strange feeling knowing that's it but promotion not confirmed.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Will be when Huddersfield don't win at wolves.

Huddersfield have difficult games.

Preston
Norwich
Derby
Fulham

Maximum of 8 points there.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I don't get all this don't get over excited its too soon stuff. Just let people enjoy the moment. If others don't want to that's fair enough but for me footballs about enjoying the moment, getting excited about what's to come. If it stopped providing those moments I'd give up.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Norwich have a massive say in our destiny this week, I'm sure they are more than capable of stifling Huddersfield Wednesday and then Reading at home Saturday. I think it will be wrapped up before Bristol at home, but boy would that just be fitting to gain promotion at home and the title with a win at Villa.....

We're on our way good folk of Sussex by the Sea.... We're on our way....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Will be when Huddersfield don't win at wolves.

Huddersfield have difficult games.

Preston
Norwich
Derby
Fulham

Maximum of 8 points there.

Maximum of 12 points there. They almost certainly won't get that, but the maximum is definitely 12 points.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Norwich have been terrible this season, particularly away. Not saying they won't do it but I'd rather Huddersfield were playing someone unpredictable down the bottom with something to play for - another Burton type of team.

Norwich have the shittest central defensive pairing in the league but they are capable of scoring goals too

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Still waiting for an aural delight from a larger lady.

Initially misread you fat lady singing allusion for a line from Lust for Life by Iggy Pop. Look it up (line 12):facepalm::lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Wait a minute, everyone. Aren't we all forgetting something? Leeds are going to hunt us down. Everyone said so after their slightly lucky win at Elland Road, home of the nearly champions of Europe - their fans, their former players ... forget the fact that they haven't even hunted down their Yorkshire rivals from Huddersfield and have lost both their games since, they said it therefore it will happen.

DavePage

Always show respect “Good Morning Mr, Magpie”
Respect aside, but the pressure is on you, boys. It’s yours to lose.
Would be nice to see a three way battle of the North East in the Championship next year, as i said no pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here