Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "That wouldn't have been a(n) 'xxxx' last season...."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Even though we had three yellows yesterday for gamesmanship - Pedro's was for not backing away from the ball when we'd conceded a free-kick - I'm a big fan.

Slowing the game up by kicking the ball away, or picking it up and walking off with it when it's not yours or standing on a free-kick are immensely frustrating.

During the game yesterday you could see the penny dropping with the players of both sides. A few times when a free-kick had been conceded a player was about to kick the ball away a bit to slow things up, but realised they'd be carded if they did, so walked away.

It won't take too many more cards before they do all get it and these annoying parts of the game are gone. We just need the officials to hold their nerve.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Gross, Enciso and Pedro (he was the most stupid as he'd watched everyone get booked for similar from the bench) all booked for the same thing. Timewasting or more to the point letting players getting back into position to stop a breakaway. Wolves players were booked for similar albeit one was missed but in the main it was consistent. Good. We all hate when the games are stop / start and 3 minutes go up on the board. It's a good addition.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like it tbh. The time wasting the past few years was awful and it’s noticeable that last season everyone was moaning about it but now they moan about the things being in place to try and change it, as though there are lots of options for refs when really all they can do is hand out cards and add on time. You’ll just never please people.

I think after a bit the players will realise and stop doing time-wasting things. We’ll all just have to live with it till they learn 🤣
Villa need to invest more in depth - they’re going to be playing the equivalent of 70 odd games this season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here