Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Ward-Prose free kick

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Sanchez should have done better...

If Sanchez had stepped forward a foot or two he would narrow the angle and could maybe have reached the ball. As with one on ones.

But I'm not a goalkeeping coach so must be missing something.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
The amount of times I see a free kick just outside the area and the wall is beaten is numerous. If we had a player on the line IMHO we go in at half time 2 nil.

We had a player on the line, a player who is also allowed to use his hands! Imagine that?
Seriously though if you put one (defender) on the line, JWP would have just scored in the other corner :shrug:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Should HAVE had someone on the goal line.

And play everyone onside so they can get on top of Sanchez. There's a reason teams don't drop someone back to the line defending free-kicks. It might seem an easy solution but there's a reason teams don't do it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If Sanchez had stepped forward a foot or two he would narrow the angle and could maybe have reached the ball. As with one on ones.

Sanchez seems good to his left but like Ryan to his right, based on yesterdays performance. I bet WP studies this stuff. There was nothing spectacular about the actual shot really just clever.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Clear push on Marc before the ref gave them a foul.

The lino on the east stand side had a shocking game - three clear mistakes.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Have a look..seemed to be what happened to their wall

https://vimeo.com/702614573

Thanks for sharing.

I agree Dunk and Cuceralla messed up the first ball.
The wall is covering the other side and did it's job.
The two forwards screened the kick and then moved at the right time.
The bounce in front of the keeper is really difficult to judge.

I thought Southampton minus JWP were a hoofball long throw physical side, until maybe the last 20 minutes, when they showed they can actually pass a ball. Another disappointing result at the Amex.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Another slight diversion but not too out of place.

JWP, one footed but what a right foot. And he reads the game well - he positioned himself to make it look like headed clearances were aimed at him.

They really were a one man team yesterday.

Maybe he wants to be the next legend there like MLT (but without the tinfoil hat type nonsense) and fair enough but it would be good to see how he fares in a better team. If he is not careful, he will do a another Dibley and miss the boat that is playing before being past his best at a better club.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Easy if you know which way it will head, but Ward-Prowse is capable of hitting it to both sides of the goal there.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Should of had someone on the goal line.

And if you do, you'll play everyone onside and allow them to be able to try to slip a through-ball into someone between our wall and the goal (then there would have been criticism about our having a player on the line)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here