Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Veltman Tackle!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Penalty or he wins the ball.

Such a good tackle that the other player got a red (2nd yellow) for the mistimed foot stamp.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Huge moment. It is staggering that Ajax let him go for chump change. Apart from the goal and penalty incident it was my favourite moment of the match.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He’s some player isn’t he?!

Was trying to explain to my eldest tonight during the game how good he is after he did a couple of special Veltman signature moves. Difficult to fully explain the finer points of Joel’s game to an innocent 9 year old though!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Huge moment. It is staggering that Ajax let him go for chump change. Apart from the goal and penalty incident it was my favourite moment of the match.
They had no choice as it was written into his contract, so they’d obviously agreed to it previously. The fee only applied to Premier League clubs though.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The most surprising thing of all was that he wanted to leave world famous Ajax to join Premier League minnows Brighton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The most surprising thing of all was that he wanted to leave world famous Ajax to join Premier League minnows Brighton.
I think the inspiring part of that is it feels like he doesn't regret the decision.

God I loves that man.

Oh and a clip would be good as it was down tother end.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Absolute baller. Anyone who is a fan of his who hasn't listen to the club's official podcast with him should do, because it's brilliant. Goes into detail about how he (eventually) came to leave Ajax, the top players who were there in the years above and below him (and how he was the best/most high profile one to make it from his year group) and is a really down-to-earth guy.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Also some top shithousery by Velts towards the end. Twice I spotted an AEK cross going out for a goal kick, and twice he went and got that ball, brought it back onto the pitch and then wandered off, so delaying Bart taking the goal kick with the ball rushed to him by the ball boys.

Normally despise that sort of thing, but perfectly acceptable when we do it 😂

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Also some top shithousery by Velts towards the end. Twice I spotted an AEK cross going out for a goal kick, and twice he went and got that ball, brought it back onto the pitch and then wandered off, so delaying Bart taking the goal kick with the ball rushed to him by the ball boys.

Normally despise that sort of thing, but perfectly acceptable when we do it 😂
... and even more acceptable when Velts does it. Easily my favourite current Brighton player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here