Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That Stage Of The Season When You Start Supporting Other Teams...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
To corrupt a quote from FIFA's most esteemed..

'Yesterday I felt Wolverhampton Wanderers, today I feel West Ham United'

Three points lost for an opponent is as good as three points for Albion right now. I find myself watching all the games that affect us and supporting the teams that can help us. I celebrated Wolves win yesterday like a win for Albion (which for me is a 'jolly good show' and a celebratory cuppa)

I also find myself doing this in other leagues. Today I really wanted a Derby County win at MASSIVE.

Strange feeling.

Are there any play off teams that folk wouldn't normally support but are for the matches they are playing ?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Agree Have never taken as much interest in other games and certainly never supported West Ham before

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hate West Ham with a passion, but just opened the door to us getting to the CL!
one can dream

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Really want Notts County to get promoted but rather close for comfort against BW.
Couldn't believe County were 2 down at HT ... having finished the season 35 points ahead of BW. We were keeping an eye on the game while traveling to Oxford City for the Worthing play off game. Back to 1-2 early second half and then an almost Brighton-esque 96th minute equaliser!! Watched ET on phone sat in stands at Oxford ... and as it got to 120 mins, I said to my mate, "NC will score a last minute winner' ... 30 seconds later!!!!

Big game against Chesterfield ... who were only 23 points behind NC!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree Have never taken as much interest in other games and certainly never supported West Ham before
I have, in every season until last season, I am back now supporting anyone outside the top six who can f*** up Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool and Manchester United, yes even Palace (who fell at the first hurdle, the twats). I hope Arsenal and City win any game as well, apart from the two against us. Kingmakers is what we are :lolol:

I am also supporting anyone who can assist in a Leeds relegation unless it affects us

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I won't 'support' a team playing against our rivals, but I will wish our rivals do not win.
How, in anyones right mind, could you 'support' palace?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I won't 'support' a team playing against our rivals, but I will wish our rivals do not win.
It's not literal pal. I doubt anyone is singing Palace songs whilst wearing a Zaha shirt if they're playing a team where them winning would be for our own benefit.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Would rather have Millwall in the Prem than Blackburn (closer away day?!) so currently following that game

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Not 'support', more like suspend wanting them to lose for 90 mins.

I did shower straight afterwards

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I do this every year. Just not normally at this end of the table :wink:

Exactly this. Normal run through the different permutations with various wins and losses until our safety is in the bag.

Strangely just as stressed wanting us to get 5th and into the Europa League.

Just no pleasing some. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here