Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Song. we Are The North Stand, The North Stand...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ok here's my two penneth on this subject-

1. Shut up complaining about songs being sung at the Amex. If you don't like it don't sing it.

2. Football songs are always nicked from other clubs. with the exception of the odd one or two like GOSBTS all of our songs are nicked from other teams so get over it.

3. If those in the north stand are our "ultras" then they should give up now. My 63 year old mum sung longer and louder than the North stand last night!

Actually it would have been nice to hear the north stand sing something, in fact anything in the second half last night...so quiet and an absolute embarrassment against our biggest rivals.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I think that song is awful as well, as has been said the majority of the songs seem to be about where a fan sits/stands. And every time I heard it last night on the player I was wondering if it was us or them singing it. And from now on every time its sung it will remind me of last night.

North standers, face it, you get outsung every time by the west stand due to the numbers involved, you sing we're the north stand at 50dB and the west will reply at 150dB. When the entire ground sing as a unit the noise is amazing and would scare the crap out of any players and fans not expecting it. Even at the Liverpool game when the West Stand started it took the commentators by surprise.

The fans maybe the 12th man but we need to support the 11 on the pitch who actually have the ball

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
The problem is that our version has better words but it doesn't scan.

Once the "wo-o-o-oer" bit has finished, no-one knows how to start it off again, so people only join in for the "wo-o-oer" bit again.

It's not a Palace song, it's come from many places (including St. Pauli of course). No problem with us singing it, but we can't at the moment, so unless we sort it out, drop it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I thought they changed it from north stand to Brighton?
Anyway, the first few last night sounded good, lost it's way in the second half, so did the team.

Leave those kids alone.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
dont mind the song but sing it less now that more people have learned the words as its become another victim of the 'how fast can we sing' crew.

also agree that it was pretty sickening to hear them sing it 10x better than we have and id rather not sing it at all than have that again.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
Palace had the same amount of people in the away end as we had in the North Stand. Why then, does that song sound so pathetic when sung by us, yet actually quite good when sung by them?

kano

Jun 17, 2011
probably because we cant sing fuckall without getting faster and faster.

almost every song we sing the left and right sides of the north stand are completely out of time with each other cause they have both sped up at different rates.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Ridiculous thing to say

except the "Seagulls" chant was a direct rip off of Palace fans chanting "Eagles" at the 1976 home fixture..............................

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
dont mind the song tbh, but agreed palace sounded so so much better. slower, unified and in time with each other. gosbts got to slow down a bit too

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Palace had the same amount of people in the away end as we had in the North Stand. Why then, does that song sound so pathetic when sung by us, yet actually quite good when sung by them?

Because all of the palace fans join in, probably less than half of the North Stand actually sing it, most still don't even know the words, or just choose not to join in such a poor song

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was hoping for a good Italian style flag, banner type display from the NSK last night...

I think part of the problem with the Ultras is that they will never get any bigger because, quite simply, it is unlikely anyone who fancies joining in will be able to shift their season tickets next to them.

PS - I have always thought that 'North Stand' song is shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here