Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That second half though

theboybilly

I think supporters and pundits are no longer thinking of Brighton being a cannon fodder side, guaranteed 3 points if you need them.
After 2 seasons of just trying to stay above the bottom 3, the club is now well and truly established as a Premier league club.

We're not an established Premier League club just like about 15 others.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He’s not Palace, but he’s grown disillusioned with modern football. As far as I know he was cancelling his season ticket, I know he’s has accounts on other football forums closed.

Thanks for the reply. I genuinely feel for him as one who has lost a bit of love for the game. He is taking the correct action if he has cancelled as there is no point going if all one feels is negativity. I have at times felt like that, but the bug is hard to break after 47 years. Our style of play this season is definitely winning me over though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is Spence still banned? Would love to know his thoughts now....
Probably to point out that in our 11 games so far, we have played all the bottom 9 !

But are they bottom 9 because they have played the albion ? :shrug:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wouldn't have said "country mile". We were debating in our bit of the WSU between Propper, Alzate and Dunk. I'd have been happy with any one of the three.

OK - a bit of exaggeration on my part. Dunk was superb. I thought Alzate made some dubious decisions on occasion but no doubting his quality.

And Connolly is always on the end of anything knocked forward. Not much luck today, but boy, would we miss him.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We started the second half a mere fraction of the team that finished the first half, it looked shaky and worrying for 10 minutes.

Once we got a grip though. . .

Let's not get carried away. Good win. Good progress, but it's only just November.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He’s not Palace, but he’s grown disillusioned with modern football. As far as I know he was cancelling his season ticket, I know he’s has accounts on other football forums closed.

No. He's just a negative dick, and his oxygen has now dried up. Cancelling his season ticket, after 3 thrilling home wins on the bounce ? Do me a lemon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Alzate was my MOTM today, for his non-stop running and constant involvement. He demands the ball, and he's SO good at receiving it, particularly in tight areas. He has the touch and confidence to have the ball in tight situations, and just spin out of them. Lovely player.

Then there's Trossard...oh my goodness. A two-footed player who glides around, linking up play with his deft little touches, and then drives forward into those areas that have CB's panicking. Watching Trossard play football is like seeing warm melted chocolate being poured over Kate Silverton's breasts. Divine.

And Dunk today. I think he has a superpower - he see's 3 seconds into the future. Just watch him. Whatever happens, he's there. The ball gets played to the forward, his foot is already in front of him nipping it away before its received. A lofted ball - he's already dropped off, and made a comfortable nod to Burn or Webster (or his old oirish mate). A slotted pass - he's up the arse. And I've not even mentioned his distribution. Every inch a world class centreback, and if he didn't play for a shit unfashionable club, he'd already have a dozen caps over shite like Keane and Mings.

This might just be the greatest BHA team in the history of the world.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, we should remind ourselves of Huddersfield going back down in the second season, Cardiff and Fulham one and done, Norwich looking so naive this year. If it wasn't for Chris's efforts for two years we wouldn't have the opportunity to be doing what we are this season

Sorry, my comment was not a dig at CH, he got us up in style and kept us up for two seasons. I didn’t enjoy what I was watching for two seasons but keeping us up was a big achievement. There is no guarantee we won’t slip back down the table this season either. It was just the fact that for the first time we look like we belong in this division and are playing great football that makes it fun again was the point I was making.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Alzate was my MOTM today, for his non-stop running and constant involvement. He demands the ball, and he's SO good at receiving it, particularly in tight areas. He has the touch and confidence to have the ball in tight situations, and just spin out of them. Lovely player.

Then there's Trossard...oh my goodness. A two-footed player who glides around, linking up play with his deft little touches, and then drives forward into those areas that have CB's panicking. Watching Trossard play football is like seeing warm melted chocolate being poured over Kate Silverton's breasts. Divine.

And Dunk today. I think he has a superpower - he see's 3 seconds into the future. Just watch him. Whatever happens, he's there. The ball gets played to the forward, his foot is already in front of him nipping it away before its received. A lofted ball - he's already dropped off, and made a comfortable nod to Burn or Webster (or his old oirish mate). A slotted pass - he's up the arse. And I've not even mentioned his distribution. Every inch a world class centreback, and if he didn't play for a shit unfashionable club, he'd already have a dozen caps over shite like Keane and Mings.

This might just be the greatest BHA team in the history of the world.

I want to click like but you had the choice of any woman in the world and chose Kate Silverton, really?!

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
The only frustration is that we should be scoring a lot more goals in pretty much every game. I think Maupay could and should have had a hat trick today with more composure ....But to get that the finishing simply HAS to get better,
Part of the problem is the guys are trying to get the goals, rather than looking for others in a better position and passing it to them. This is a new team with great potential, once Connolly, Trossard and Maupay get to understand each others game the goals will flow. We have seen the potential with a couple of excellent team goals. I agree with you about Maupay, he seems to be rushing at everything.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Wish I was there but at least I could watch this.
[video]https://hofoot.toclipit.com/player/html/uWcBeyfLfi?popup=yes&autoplay=1[/video]

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm loving this season and Potter proving the doubters wrong with his silky smooth football. Yesterday, listening to it I thought how much the club has evolved from May into an almost mid-table side now. Ok, we've got some tough games coming up but we're due a win over Liverpool and we'll be safe by February at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here